West Island School Website: http://www.wis.edu.hk
|West Island School is a member of the English Schools Foundation. The School was established in 1991 and is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year. As an international secondary school offering iGCSE and IB programmes, we occupy award winning buildings in the Western district of Hong Kong. We serve a stable and established community in the Pokfulam district, with over 1200 students on roll. Our school mission of strength from diversity reflects the considerable achievements of our learners from over 40 different nationalities. Our students progress to the universities of their choice because they achieve highly, are well equipped and are leaders of the future|
Responsible for day to day accounting operations, primarily associated with accounts receivable and monthly processing duties (Finance). This is a permanent full time role based on 12 months each year.
• Undertake Accounts Receivable accounting functions
• Collect, reconcile and record monies from teachers/students/staff or other activities
• Organise the banking of cash and cheques; prepare all related G/L entries in Epicor (the accounting system); ensure monies are banked in a timely manner; and, follow up on any returned cheques from the bank
• Raise invoices in a timely manner and keep records up to date
• Monitor and follow up on outstanding receivables / outstanding creditors on a frequent and timely basis
• Create charge events in E-payments system and perform other necessary system administrative duties
• Import and reconcile the EPS data file with the E-Payments system daily to update the E-payment system for invoices paid electronically
• Enter data in to Epicor for the E-Payment transactions weekly. Reconcile Epicor and E-Payments and keep data updated, accurate and consistent
• Answer queries regarding E-payment systems from parents and staff
• Produce receipts as required
• Produce monthly reports for management
• Raising invoices and monitoring outstanding receivables from external bookings
• Support annual fixed asset count
• Generate adhoc reports and answer adhoc queries as required by management
• Perform other duties and assume accountabilities as apparent or as delegated, including mutually agreed upon objectives.
• Finance Manager
• Degree/ Higher Diploma in Accounting or related discipline
• Fluent English and spoken Cantonese would be an advantage
• Relevant experience working in accounting or finance
• Competent using general computing (Microsoft office, google documents) and accounting software (epicor)
• Proficient with MS Excel and Word
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
|Closing Date: 24 Jan 2018|
|For enquiries, please contact Margaret Lau at +852 2819 1962 or firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|