ESF International Kindergarten (Wu Kai Sha) Website: Click Here
|The Kindergarten is attended by children aged 3-5 years for five sessions per week either in the morning or afternoon session. The kindergarten follows the IB PYP Curriculum and is an IB PYP Authorised school.|
Mainscale Class Teacher (Age 3-5)
We are seeking qualified and experienced teachers for the 3-5 age group for the 2017/18 school year. The positions will be full-time with two year renewable contracts commencing August 2017.
The main role of the classroom teacher is to maximise student learning and development through the planning, preparation and delivery of inquiry and play-based programmes which meet students’ individual learning needs and achieve specific student outcomes. Teachers work with a range of student abilities and are accountable for the effective delivery of their programmes. The classroom teacher engages in critical reflection in order to improve their knowledge and skills to better engage students and improve their learning. Excellent spoken and written English is essential.
Teaching and Assessment:
• Planning lessons and learning experiences to meet students individual learning needs and to ensure students progression.
• Using a range of appropriate strategies for teaching and learning and classroom management.
• Use flexible groupings and play/inquiry to deliver high quality lessons in line with the IB philosophy.
• Maintain a well organised, safe and stimulating learning environment.
• Use learning technologies to enhance learning.
• Use information about prior attainment to set expectations for students.
• Use a range of assessment and reporting methods that show students achievement in relation to learning outcomes.
• Provide clear and constructive feedback to students and their parents and caregivers.
Wider professional roles:
• Plan and engage in professional learning activities that support school and systematic priorities.
• Take responsibility for own professional development and using the outcomes to improve teaching and students’ learning.
• Make an active contribution to the policies and aspirations of the school.
• Ensure administration of classroom procedures are completed efficiently.
• Collaborate with colleagues and members of the school community to build a team environment that supports students’ learning.
• Provide supervision to all staff assigned to the classroom and meet regularly to provide information about planning and administration
Additional responsibilities may include:
• Manage a year level or curriculum area.
• Assist with or managing an aspect of daily school management.
• Assist year level co-ordinators, curriculum co-ordinators, principal and vice principal with the performance of specific functions.
• Assist with or managing a specialist function such as student welfare, excursions or community activities.
• Supervise a range of student activities including support and welfare programmes.
• Develop a school transition programme and facilitating the associated orientation programme.
• Manage and supervise a team of teachers in the planning, implementation and review of teaching &learning programmes.
• Bachelor of Education degree or equivalent which includes qualification to teach the 3-5 age group
• 1-3 years teaching experience within a recognised educational organisation
|Closing Date: 04 May 2017|
|For enquiries, please contact Jenny Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|