King George V School Website: Click Here
|King George V School is an international secondary school with approximately 1,800 students that teaches the IGCSE and IB curriculum in English.|
Assistant Counsellor - Higher Education
• Assists the Head of Careers in conducting briefings and workshops to parents, teachers and students
• Takes part in HE events within and outside school, which may take place after school hours
• Conducts guidance interviews with students and co-ordinates the preparation of HE applications to agreed destinations
• Maintains contact and communication with HE institutions worldwide and organises meetings and presentations
• Publicises and promotes the resources, advice and guidance available
to students in the School
• Bachelor’s Degree; a Certificate or Diploma in Counselling or appropriate professional qualifications would be an advantage
• Ability to recognise the need for ongoing professional development
• ICT applications; knowledge of HE systems, institutions and application procedures in at least one country which is a major destination for students in the school;
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft functions, including Outlook, Word, Power Point and Excel
• Effective oral and written communication skills; active learning and critical thinking skills
• Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changing environment and priorities
• Positive attitude, integrity and excellent judgment
• Previous experience in a guidance, counselling or advisory role preferred
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
|Closing Date: 26 Mar 2017|
|For enquiries, please contact Joyce Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|