Responsible for supporting the Creativity & Performance Learning Area, with particular expertise in Music. To play an integral part in Teaching and Learning across administrative, curricular and extra-curricular activities and take technical management responsibilities for school events.
• Support school events as part of the creative technology/AV team, taking responsibility for specialist tasks and supervising students and junior staff for specific events.
• Help in the setup of venues for assemblies and deliver specialist music expertise to performances, within and outside school hours.
• Create and produce media and promotional material to promote the profile of Performance Arts and celebrate musical achievements.
• Work alongside teachers to enhance the daily delivery of music education.
• Supervise and guide students in technical skills to deliver stage performances and recording/practise sessions.
• Design and run efficient administrative systems to prepare classroom materials, examination and coursework submissions.
• Organize extra-curricular music tuition, dealing with all aspects of instructor provision, student/parent liaison and timetabling.
• Support weekly orchestral and choir rehearsal; ideally lead student development within one’s own area of expertise (i.e. Brass, Percussion, Strings etc).
Equipment and Music Technology
• Maintain musical instruments and equipment and run equipment husbandry workshops for students.
• Maintain and update software installations in the computer music labs.
• Must be competent in Sibelius and Logic music software and a 24-channel mixer.
• Be the Subject Matter Expert on music technology and train staff/students in its use.
• Manage the servicing and repair of equipment with external agencies.
• Provide expert acquisition advice and manage the procurement and disposal process.
• Maintain the music department library.
• Provision, control and account for all music department assets; keeping a detailed inventory and up-to-date asset records.
• Administration of annual budget quotations and orders; control Departmental spending and maintain a clear audit trail in liaison with Finance Department.
• Take responsibility for the administration of music department classroom resources including photocopying, stationery ordering and preparing lesson materials.
• Maintain School database (Lionel) data and register management.
• Contribute to and work as part of a wider technical team to deliver support to inter-disciplinary lessons and events as required.
• Consult teachers and setup teaching spaces to their requirements.
• Manage student practice spaces and musical equipment store.
• Prepare and reinstate specialist performance spaces.
• Liaise with Facilities to ensure the maintenance of a safe, hygienic and professional environment.
• A diploma / degree in music or music technology and expertise in at least one musical instrument.
• Strong background and operational proficiency in all aspects of music technology.
• Highly proficient in English.
• Competent in managing the repair, tuning, husbandry of music equipment.
• Proven background in the setup of recording and performance sessions.
• Inter-personal communication skills; listening skills; flexibility to respond to changing situations; ability to work under pressure; team working skills.
• Commitment to professional development and a character suited to working with challenging young people, including Special Educational Needs students.
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.