ESF Educational Services Website: Click Here
|ESF Educational Services Limited (ESL) is a subsidiary to the English Schools Foundation, delivers a highly successful programme of after-school English and other language teaching and sports coaching for children across Hong Kong, and also operates four international kindergartens.|
Senior Coach, Netball
The ESF Wildcats Netball programme in Hong Kong seek a qualified Level 2 Netball Coach Award holder to join their coaching team as a primary school netball coach in their After-School Programme with at least three years’ experience, in a similar coaching environment.
Candidates must be energetic, enthusiastic, have a passion for sport in general and will be expected to have a proven track record with suitable experience of working with young children between the ages of 3 to 12 years old. It is essential that candidates have experience of working with very young children in our core, primary school age-group market and can demonstrate experience of providing dynamic, progressive sessions to these young age groups through structured session planning in our After-School extra-curricular programme. Work experience in a community coaching environment will be extremely useful. Please note; evidence of coaching experience in a primary school setting will need to be provided at interview stage.
As with all sports coaching posts, this role involves unsocial working hours, including weekends. Weekend coaching involves delivering high-quality coaching sessions at venues across Hong Kong and also coaching competitive teams in league games and tournaments. The Wildcats Netball team members range in age from 5 – 18 years old.
In addition, as a member of the ESF Sports team, candidates will be expected to work during standard school holiday periods to deliver multi-sports coaching sessions in our Sports Camps and Clinics programme. Any additional NGB-accredited sports qualifications will be useful for this aspect of the job.
- Possess a current Netball Level 2 Coach Award accredited by a national governing body
- Minimum of three year’s recent experience in teaching netball to primary school students
- Fluency in English essential including excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be passionate about sport, especially teaching netball and have an abundance of energy, enthusiasm and patience to work with young children
- Flexibility to adapt to changing environments, ability groups and weather conditions
- A commitment to work unsocial hours
- Possess a current First Aid and CPR certificate as well as computer knowledge in Microsoft Office applications
- Willing and enthusiastic about continued professional development, education and training
- Proven record of working with children in 3 – 12 year old age group
- Degree in a related area to this position (Teaching, Sports Science, Sport & PE)
- Possess a valid netball umpiring qualification
- Proven experience of working with schools
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Proven ability to use own initiative
- A confident and professional manner.
- Experience in dealing with volunteers and assistants
- Additional sports related qualifications
Qualified applicants who are not Hong Kong permanent resident or do not possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong are welcome to apply for this position. We will be assisting with Hong Kong employment visa application for the successful applicant.
|Closing Date: 21 May 2017|
|For enquiries, please contact Emma Gregory at firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|