Educational Assistants actively support students to access a balanced school curriculum. They work cohesively with professional teachers and liaise and communicate effectively with support staff.
Support for Learning and Teaching:
• Assist in the educational and social development of students
• Support students in mainstream classes including all academic and/or specialist subjects as required.
• Assist in the planning and implementation of Individual Education Programs for students and the monitoring of students’ academic progress
• Support students with emotional / behavioural problems and help develop their social skills / behaviours, including the implementation of behaviour modification programmes when required.
• Provide support for individual students inside and outside the classroom, including supporting access to camps, educational visits and whole school activities, to enable students to fully participate in activities
• Assist students with personal care needs e.g. toileting, changing clothes.
• Prepare and present displays of students' work
• Undertake a range of tasks as required including: photocopying, collecting money, inputting student data, record keeping, collating and filing material.
• Undertake stocktaking, cataloguing, preparing, issuing and maintaining equipment and materials and ordering supplies and equipment.
• Ability to build and maintain successful relationships with students, treating them with respect and consideration
• Sufficient knowledge, expertise and awareness of students’ social, emotional and learning needs to work effectively with teachers as part of a professional team
• Ability to work effectively with individual students, small group and whole classes under the direction and supervision of a qualified teacher
• Tact, discretion, confidentiality and the willingness to work as a member of a team.
• Fluent in English