• Maintain the strategic and day to day management of the Library
• Lead the development and promotion of the Library
• Provide a service to the curriculum in order to enhance the quality of the learning experience of the students
• Resourcing, selecting, maintaining and promoting stock, print and non print
• Ordering, classifying, cataloguing and overseeing all processes necessary and make stock shelf-ready
• Administering & maintaining the loan system and general good order of Library; stock checks, culling, etc.
• Promoting the proper use of the Library within the School and working with the Resources and Research Leader to implementing a programme of Library skills tutorials for students
• Promoting the Library through displays & activities plus the website
• Providing professional services in support of learning & research needs to achieve the most effective delivery of the curriculum
• Managing an annual budget
• Ensuring the management and provision of the Library supports the aims & objectives of the School
• Selection & training of staff and volunteer helpers
• Major purchases, eg. Capital replacement, etc.
• Disruptions to timetable for curriculum based skills lessons, outside speakers, etc.
• Performing other duties and assuming accountabilities as apparent or as delegated, including mutually agreed upon objectives, eg. liaison with other schools, attending ALESS meetings
• Resources and Research Leader
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Relevant professional qualification
• Membership of a professional Library organization e.g. CILIP, ALIA, ALA are essential
• Relevant experience of 3-5 years
• Ability to appraise and evaluate library materials to ensure a well-balanced, up-to-date stock which meets the curricular and recreational needs of all readers
• Knowledge of school’s aims and objectives, students’ abilities and reading needs, Knowledge on books and non book material
• Expert knowledge of IT systems in managing a library
• Effective communicator
• The Librarian is expected to liaise with other school librarians in Hong Kong for their mutual advantage and professional development
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.