Peak School Website: Click Here
|Peak School is a community oriented two form entry school with a total enrolment of 360 students. We pride ourselves on being a community school which respects and appreciates the contributions of everyone involved. We value the high levels of parent participation and involvement and see this as an integral part of your child’s education. We are an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School. Through the IB Primary Years Programme, we offer a world class international primary education to students in years 1-6 that develops students’ creativity, confidence and willingness to achieve their personal best.|
Mainscale Class Teacher - Year 3 (Aug to Dec 2017)
The school is looking for a Main Scale Class Teacher (Maternity Cover) starting August till December 2017. The main role of the classroom teacher is to maximise student learning and development through the planning, preparation and teaching of programmes which meet students’ individual learning needs and achieve specific student outcomes. Teachers teach a range of student abilities and classes and are accountable for the effective delivery of their programmes. The classroom teacher engages in critical reflection in order to improve their knowledge and skills to better engage students and improve their learning.
Classroom teachers assume roles beyond the classroom in endeavouring to maximise students’ learning. These roles include working collaboratively with colleagues and other members of the school community, and communicating with parents and care-givers.
The classroom teacher’s contribution to the school goes beyond the classroom. They participate in the development of the school policies and programmes and assist in the implementation of school priorities. All classroom teachers may be required to undertake other duties in addition to their teaching duties.
Teaching and Assessment:
• Planning lessons and sequences of lessons to meet student’s individual learning needs and to ensure student’s progression.
• Using a range of appropriate strategies for teaching and learning and classroom management.
• Use flexible groupings and structured inquiry to deliver high quality lessons in line with the IBO philosophy
• Maintain a well organised and stimulating learning environment
• Use learning technologies such as the EWB and Moodle to enhance learning
• Using information about prior attainment to set expectations for students.
• Using a range of assessment and reporting methods that show student’s achievement in relation to learning outcomes.
• Providing clear and constructive feedback to students and their parents and caregivers.
Wider professional roles:
• Planning and engaging in professional learning activities that support school and systematic priorities.
• Taking responsibility for own professional development and using the outcomes to improve teaching and students’ learning.
• Making an active contribution to the policies and aspirations of the school.
• Ensuring administration of classroom procedures are completed efficiently
• Collaborating with members of the school community to build a team environment that supports students’ learning.
Additional responsibilities may include:
• Managing a year level or subject area.
• Assisting with or managing an aspect of daily school management.
• Assisting year level co-ordinators, curriculum co-ordinators, student management co-ordinators, principal and vice principal with the performance of specific functions.
• Assisting with or managing a specialist function such as sport, careers, student welfare, excursions or camps co-ordination.
Bachelor Degree in Education, or
Bachelor Degree in any subjects with PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education), or equivalent
1-3 years teaching experience within a recognised educational organisation
Core Professional / Technical Competencies required:
• Analysis / problem solving
• Team centred
• Self reflection
Having a thorough and up-to-date knowledge of the teaching of their subject(s), their students, curriculum, pedagogy, education-related legislation and the specific teaching context.
Core Soft / Transferable Competencies required
• Planning & Organising Work
• Translating Strategies into Plans & Actions
• Valuing & Integrating Diversity
• Learning Agility
• Leading Change
• Written Communication
• Work Standards / Quality Orientation
• Creativity/ Innovative
• Formal Presentation
• Developing Talent
All teachers are expected to contribute to the school extra curricular programme throughout the year.
Please go to http://ps.edu.hk/ for more details about the school and the position.
|Closing Date: 02 Jun 2017|
|For enquiries, please contact Bill Garnett at +852 28497211 or firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|