Quarry Bay School Website: Click Here
|Quarry Bay School is a four-form entry school with approximately 720 students.|
Quarry Bay School is a CIS Accredited and IB World School utilising the Primary Years Programme (PYP) curriculum framework. Teaching and learning at QBS is underpinned by a rigorous and student-centred approach to curriculum, pedagogy and practice.
Quarry Bay School’s recently renovated classroom spaces are bright, welcoming and child-friendly spaces!
IT Technician Assistant
Quarry Bay School is an English Schools Foundation Primary School. We are seeking to
employ an IT technician assistant to assist and work as part of a team together with the ICT Lead Teacher and Network Manager. This is an interesting position with varied duties with a focus on supporting technologies to facilitate the learning of students. The successful candidate will have plenty of opportunities to develop his or her IT skills and extend his or her IT experience in a supportive environment in a wide range of technical roles.
Start Date: 26 June 2017
Working Hours: 7:30 - 4:00 (5 days - 39 hours). Occasional work outside normal hours may be required (eg PTA events, school performances or presentations to parents).
Contribution of time given to support school events outside of school hours will be valued and the employee may be granted time to recognise such work as needed.
• Work under the supervision and direction of the ICT Lead Teacher and Senior IT Technician to effectively and efficiently support and manage the school’s ICT Resources
• First line troubleshooting and user support.
• Hardware, software and Apps installation including Windows, Chrome OS and IOS platforms
• Maintain accurate inventories and asset lists
• Perform standard repairs of computer equipment and liaise with vendors when necessary.
• Assist with procurement of IT Resources
• Assist with user account management.
• Assist with school media production - taking photographs of events, videoing performances, basic video editing, production of digital slideshows.
• Assist with lighting and sound equipment during school performances
• Other assigned duties
Minimum Typical Education and Work Experience:
• Diploma / Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Excellent command of both spoken and written English
• Post-qualification experience in similar capacity
• Have a keen interest in technology and how it can support children’s learning
• Have excellent English language skills (both spoken and written)
• Have a desire to learn new IT skills
• Experience of working in a school environment
• Possess very good organisational skills
• Able to work independently and to prioritise tasks
• Able to work accurately under pressure
• Able to troubleshoot problems and find solutions
• Able to communicate effectively with teachers and students
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
|Closing Date: 01 Jun 2017|
|For enquiries, please contact Doris Wong at +852 25664457 or firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|