The ESF Sports programme in Hong Kong seek qualified, national governing body-accredited, Level 2 Coach Award holders to join our coaching team as primary school coaches in one of our core After-School & Academy Programmes delivering Football, with at least three years’ experience, in a similar coaching environment.
Candidates must be energetic, enthusiastic, have a passion for sport in general and will be expected to have a proven track record with suitable experience of working with young children between the ages of 3 to 12 years old. It is essential that candidates have experience of working with very young children in our core, primary school age-group market and can demonstrate experience of providing dynamic, progressive sessions to these young age groups through structured session planning in our After-School extra-curricular programme. Work experience in a community coaching environment will be extremely useful. Please note, evidence of coaching experience in a primary school setting will need to be provided at interview stage.
As with all sports coaching posts, these roles involve unsocial working hours, including weekends. Weekend coaching involves delivering high-quality coaching sessions in our Development Academy programmes, with sessions being delivered for different age-groups from 7 to 15 years old. In the circumstances, candidates should be able to demonstrate sound technical knowledge and experience of working with Academy programmes.
In addition, as a member of the ESF Sports team, candidates will be expected to work during standard school holiday periods to deliver multi-sports coaching sessions in our Sports Camps and Clinics programme. Any additional NGB-accredited sports qualifications will be useful for this aspect of the job.
• Possess a current Level 2 Coach Award accredited by a national governing body
• Minimum of three year’s recent experience in teaching football to primary school students
• Fluency in English essential including excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Be passionate about sport, especially teaching your specific sport and have an abundance of energy, enthusiasm and patience to work with young children
• Flexibility to adapt to changing environments, ability groups and weather conditions
• A commitment to work unsocial hours
• Possess a current First Aid and CPR certificate as well as computer knowledge in Microsoft Office applications
• Willing and enthusiastic about continued professional development, education and training
• Work/Dependant visa status to work in Hong Kong
• Possess a current Level 3 Coach Award accredited by a national governing body
• Proven record of working with children in 3 – 12 year old age group
• Proven experience of working with schools
• Good organisational and planning skills
• Proven ability to use own initiative
• A confident and professional manner.
• Experience in dealing with volunteers and assistants
• Additional sports related qualifications
Details can be found on the ESF Educational Services (ESL) website on www.esf.org.hk