West Island School Website: Click Here
|West Island School is a member of the English Schools Foundation. The School was established in 1991 and is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year. As an international secondary school offering iGCSE and IB programmes, we occupy award winning buildings in the Western district of Hong Kong. We serve a stable and established community in the Pokfulam district, with over 1200 students on roll. Our school mission of strength from diversity reflects the considerable achievements of our learners from over 40 different nationalities. Our students progress to the universities of their choice because they achieve highly, are well equipped and are leaders of the future|
Administrator - Exams Office, Part-time
This is a Monday to Friday position based on 4 hours per day to support the Exams Office and is a permanent 10.5 month contract (summer holidays will be taken as unpaid leave). Work hour flexibility is required during examination periods.
• Assisting the Exams Officer with administration and conduct of exams
• In adherence to the public exam cycle assist with:-
o pre-exam administration (registration, billing, issue of timetables)
o post results administration and results release
• Exam room set-ups and conduct of public exams
• Exam preparation support e.g. creating seating plans, manage student & invigilator attendance lists, facilities and equipment coordination
• Data entry
• Supervision and coordination of invigilator team during exam periods (will involve early or late shifts from 8.00 – 22:00 and occasionally school / public holidays)
• Perform other duties and assume accountabilities as apparent or as delegated, including mutually agreed upon objectives
• Exams Officer
• Ideally 1-2 years administrative experience would be an advantage
• Strong English communication abilities
• Computer literate
• Strong organisational and administration skills
• Ability to work independently with accuracy and attention to detail
• Flexible approach towards non standard work hours occasionally
• A friendly, approachable manner in relation to staff and student users is essential
• Ability to adapt to new situations and to learn new skills is essential
• Ability to work effectively under pressure is essential
• Good team worker is essential.
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
|Closing Date: 08 Aug 2017|
|For enquiries, please contact Margaret Lau at +852 28191962 or firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|