ESF Sports in Hong Kong seek suitably qualified, national governing body-accredited, Level 1 Coach Award holders to join our coaching team as kindergarten school coaches in one of our core After-School Programmes delivering sports sessions which introduce children to the fundamental competencies of sport, such as using correct jumping technique and improving running form. The Sports Cubs programme has been designed to give young students an opportunity to develop a wide range of skills and abilities through fun games and activities, which will prepare them in a variety of different team and individual sports.
Candidates must be energetic, enthusiastic, have a passion for sport in general and will be expected to have a proven track record with suitable experience of working with young children between the ages of 2 to 4 years old. It is essential that candidates have suitable, proven experience of working with very young children in our core, kindergarten school age-group market and can demonstrate experience of providing dynamic, progressive sessions to these young age groups through structured session planning in our After-School extra-curricular programme. Work experience in a community coaching environment will be extremely useful. Please note, evidence of coaching experience in a kindergarten or primary school setting will need to be provided at interview stage.
As with all sports coaching posts, these roles involve unsocial working hours, including weekends. In addition, as a member of the ESF Sports team, candidates will be expected to work during standard school holiday periods to deliver multi-sports coaching sessions in our Sports Camps and Clinics programme. Any additional NGB-accredited sports qualifications will be useful for this aspect of the job.
• Possess a current Level 1 Coach Award accredited by a national governing body
• Minimum of three year’s recent experience in coaching sport and activities to very young students
• Fluency in English essential including excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Be passionate about sport, especially teaching your specific sport and have an abundance of energy, enthusiasm and patience to work with young children
• Flexibility to adapt to changing environments, ability groups and weather conditions
• A commitment to work unsocial hours
• Possess a current First Aid and CPR certificate as well as computer knowledge in Microsoft Office applications
• Willing and enthusiastic about continued professional development, education and training
• Proven record of working with children in 2 – 4 years old age group
• Proven experience of working with schools
• Good organisational and planning skills
• Proven ability to use own initiative
• A confident and professional manner
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
Details can be found on the ESF Educational Services (ESL) website: www.esf.org.hk