Island School Website: http://island.edu.hk
|Island School is a secondary school with approximately 1,250 students.|
Please note that Teachers who join Island School will be part of a transformational school redevelopment project. This includes an innovative curriculum, and a completely new purpose built school building. All Staff members will contribute to this development and support the maintenance of the Island School spirit during the transformation. For more information see here.
Teacher of Physical Education - Starting Jan 2018
The teacher will be required to teach all levels of Physical Education to Secondary aged students. Knowledge and experience in teaching the MYP PHE program and the IB Sport, Exercise and Health Science course will be an advantage in this post.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Have excellent communication skills and be able to work effectively as part of a high achieving team
• A commitment to the extra-curricular life of the school (with an emphasis on coaching competitive sports teams)
• Use flexible groupings and structured inquiry to delver high quality lessons in line with the IBO philosophy
• Plan lessons and sequences of lessons to meet student’s individual learning needs and to ensure student’s progression
• Use a range of assessment and reporting methods that show student’s achievement in relation to learning outcomes
• Use a range of appropriate strategies for teaching and learning and classroom management
• Maintain a well organised and stimulating learning environment
• Have knowledge and experience in utilizing the latest Learning Technologies in their teaching
• Use information about prior attainment to set expectations for students
• Provide clear and constructive feedback to students and their parents and caregivers
The successful candidate will have:
• A relevant Bachelor degree and/or postgraduate teaching qualification in Physical Education
• 2+ years teaching experience within a recognized educational organization is preferred
• The ability to realize the potential of students of all learning needs
• The desire to embrace faculty wide professional development and alternative curriculum models in Physical Education
• An ability to teach a second subject would be an advantage
• A keen personal interest in health and well-being
|Closing Date: 28 Sep 2017|
|For enquiries, please contact Betty Tsu at +852 2524-7135 or firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|