All Kindergartens and Primary Schools Website: http://www.esf.edu.hk
|The English Schools Foundation currently has five kindergartens and nine primary schools, authorised to deliver the International Baccalaureate Organisation's Primary Years Programme (PYP)*. This encourages children to learn through research, inquiry and problem solving. The curriculum fosters the values of internationalism and mutual understanding. Chinese (Putonghua) is offered in all our primary schools from Years 1 to 6.|
*ESF International Kindergarten, Tung Chung is in the process for IB accreditation.
Teacher of Chinese - Starting August 2018
ESF is now seeking to appoint a Teacher of Chinese starting August 2018. This position will be a full-time two year renewable contract.
Teaching and Assessment:
● Planning lessons and sequences of lessons to meet student’s individual learning needs and to ensure student’s progression
● Using a range of appropriate strategies for teaching and learning and classroom management
● Using information about prior attainment to set expectations for students
● Using a range of assessment and reporting methods that show student’s achievement in relation to learning outcomes
● Providing clear and constructive feedback to students and their parents and caregivers
Wider professional roles:
● Planning and engaging in professional learning activities that support school and systematic priorities
● Taking responsibility for own professional development and using the outcomes to improve teaching and students’ learning
● Making an active contribution to the policies and aspirations of the school
● Ensuring administration of classroom procedures are completed efficiently
● Collaborating with members of the school community to build a team environment that supports students’ learning
Additional responsibilities may include:
● Assisting with or managing an aspect of daily school management
● Contribute to the school extra-curricular programme / wider school activities within the year
● Assisting in the planning, implementation and review of teaching and learning programmes
● Assisting in the development of curriculum policies and programmes
● Contributing to the Foundation-wide professional development programme
• Bachelor Degree/Full Professional teaching qualification.
• More than 2 years’ teaching experience at international schools is desirable.
• Primary trained.
• Knowledge of English is a prerequisite.
• Genuine interest and experience in teaching children with different cultural background
|Closing Date: 29 Oct 2017|
|For enquiries, please contact Stanley Ho at +852 37622655 or firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|