Island School Website: http://island.edu.hk
|Island School is a secondary school with approximately 1,250 students.|
Please note that Teachers who join Island School will be part of a transformational school redevelopment project. This includes an innovative curriculum, and a completely new purpose built school building. All Staff members will contribute to this development and support the maintenance of the Island School spirit during the transformation. For more information see here.
Higher Education Careers Administrator, Part time (20 hours per week)
To assist Head of Careers and Higher Education Counsellors with provision university guidance counseling and careers programme delivery. This position will be starting December 2017.
To disseminate general information on application procedures and test entry.
Compiling, tracking and analysing higher education data as required by Island School and ESFC
Key components of the role
• To work with the Higher Education team in preparing students in their application to specific destinations appropriate to them
• To work with the Higher Education team
1. In production of materials for HE programmes across all year groups
2. Assistance with publishing and preparing promotional materials for university visits and careers related events via all available media – online and hard copy, and in developing and maintaining the Island School HE website
• Attendance at Higher Education related events in and outside school as appropriate
• Booking and managing university visits to Island School, managing the HE calendar, including room and resources booking
• To keep up to date with latest developments and trends in Careers and HE in relation to counseling and ESF
• Liaison with ESFC Gateway team to keep informed of electronic data management
• To work with students on full process of higher education application and beyond under mentorship of Head of Careers and HE Counsellors, including:
• Assistance in collating school documents pertaining to university applications under the mentorship of the Head of Careers and HE Counsellor
• Assistance in checking university application forms before submission under the mentorship of the Head of Careers or HE Counsellor.
• Helping to organise and liaise with parents on in-school HE/ Careers events and arranging career related visits within HK
• Working with the HE Counselors to prepare a weekly newsletter
• Administrating of PSAT & standardized tests on site e.g., SAT and ACT
• Performing other duties, as delegated and upon mutually agreed upon objectives
*Degree or Diploma holder preferred
*Fluent English – oral and written
*Working with Upper School students and familiarity with at least one university application system
*Working knowledge of Cantonese is a strong advantage
*Work under pressure and ability to meet deadlines
*Time-management and prioritisation
*Interest in continuous learning and development
*Several years of experience of Higher Education systems, preferably for more than one geographical destination, in a secondary/high school setting
*Fluent English (oral and written) is essential
*IT literate, data processing
*Website, social media skills
*Graphic design, publication editing skills an advantage
|Closing Date: 22 Nov 2017|
|For enquiries, please contact Betty Tsu at +852 2524-7135 or firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|