King George V School Website: http://www.kgv.edu.hk
|King George V School is an international secondary school with approximately 1,800 students that teaches the IGCSE and IB curriculum in English.|
Audio Visual Technician
This position operates and maintains the AV infrastructure, supports teachers & students in the preparation and execution of events, provides practical lessons and works as part of the technical team in the school.
• Maintain audiovisual resources and technical infrastructure.
• Liaise with IT to manage software updates and installations.
• Keep inventory of equipment and manage departmental assets.
• Update the virtual archive of video and sound for the media, drama and music departments.
• Source, maintain & repair equipment as required.
• Work as part of the school’s technical team.
• Coordinate video broadcast, light, sound, stage management and AV for school events and celebrations.
• Set up and operate school venue AV to a professional standard.
• Prepare equipment specifications for light, sound and AV.
Working with Staff
• Work with the teachers and students to provide AV support to the media, drama departments and the whole school.
• Prepare examination and coursework submissions for media and drama departments (DVD, CDs, digital uploads and transfers).
• Offer staff AV training for school professional development.
Working with Students
• Act as classroom support, train students in safe and appropriate use of equipment in media and drama lessons.
• Provide technical workshops (familiarity with hardware and software packages necessary).
• Develop and co-ordinate student technical capacity in AV and stage management for school events.
This position reports to Line Manager/ Heads of Media and Drama Department
• Diploma in AV, Performing Arts, Theatre Technical Support, Video/Media etc from polytechnic / polytechnic university, the Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education or technical college/technical institute, or equivalent; and Associated membership of professional institute (e.g. HKIE )
• Grade E/Level 2 or above in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education (HKCEE), or equivalent
• Previous experience in a technical role; knowledge of AV hardware and software for broadcast, live sound and lighting is an advantage.
• Inter-personal communication and listening skills, technical proficiency and flexibility to respond to changing situations, ability to work under pressure, team-working skills.
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
|Closing Date: 21 Jan 2018|
|For enquiries, please contact Joyce Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|