King George V School Website: http://www.kgv.edu.hk
|King George V School is an international secondary school with approximately 1,800 students that teaches the IGCSE and IB curriculum in English.|
• Primary responsibility is to ensure the smooth operation of the Medical room in order to provide professional, immediate and appropriate medical support to the students and the school.
• Respond to the needs of students reporting sick, prioritise and deal with them as appropriate, including carrying out appropriate First Aid care.
• Making arrangements to send home/contacting parents/hospitalisation, where necessary.
• Advising and educating patients on follow-up care, general health matters, immunization and etc.
• Liaising with form tutors and year/school heads on problems with students.
• Responsible for maintaining the medical room in good condition by ordering and maintaining adequate medical supplies and keeping the room clean and sanitary.
• Responsible for ensuring adequate and appropriate First Aid stock in medical room and “Bleed Boxes” in classrooms, such as contents and display etc.
• Maintain records of all visits to the Medical Room and report as appropriate.
• Responsible for Accident and Insurance Form completion.
• Collate information for Health Department’s Students Health Service.
• Provide staff with First Aid kits for camps, excursions, trips etc
• Give advice on health & hygiene management of school.
• Arrange / Provide first aid training to staff.
• Registered nurse OR Enrolled nurse in Hong Kong (If the applicant is registered overseas or enrolled nurse, she/he will be considered as School Health Professional.)
• Certificate, Diploma or Bachelor of Nursing is preferable
• 5 years healthcare / nursing experience in a hospital, clinic or education environment, including treating children.
• Speak and write fluent English.
• Applies ability to perform routine medical procedures and first aid treatment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with staff and students
• Applies understanding of government requirements on medical health &
safety in schools.
• Applies an understanding of the school system.
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
|Closing Date: 15 Apr 2018|
|For enquiries, please contact Joyce Wong at email@example.com.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|