The Clearwater Bay School is now looking for an Educational Assistant commencing 10 August 2018. Educational Assistants actively support students to access a balanced school curriculum. They work cohesively with professional teachers and liaise and communicate effectively with support staff.
Support for Learning and Teaching:
• Assist in the educational and social development of students
• Support students in mainstream classes including all academic and/or specialist subjects as required.
• Assist in the planning and implementation of Individual Education Programs for students and the monitoring of students’ academic progress
• Support students with emotional / behavioural problems and help develop their social skills / behaviours, including the implementation of behaviour modification programmes when required.
• Provide support for individual students inside and outside the classroom, including supporting access to camps, educational visits and whole school activities, to enable students to fully participate in activities
• Assist students with personal care needs e.g. toileting, changing clothes.
• Prepare and present displays of students' work
• Undertake a range of tasks as required including: photocopying, collecting money, inputting student data, record keeping, collating and filing material.
• Undertake stocktaking, cataloguing, preparing, issuing and maintaining equipment and materials and ordering supplies and equipment.
• Ability to build and maintain successful relationships with students, treating them with respect and consideration
• Sufficient knowledge, expertise and awareness of students’ social, emotional and learning needs to work effectively with teachers as part of a professional team
• Ability to work effectively with individual students, small group and whole classes under the direction and supervision of a qualified teacher
• Tact, discretion, confidentiality and the willingness to work as a member of a team.
• Fluent in English
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.