King George V School Website: http://www.kgv.edu.hk
|King George V School is an international secondary school with approximately 1,800 students that teaches the IGCSE and IB curriculum in English.|
The school is seeking to appoint a dynamic and confident person for the post of Art Technician to start on 27 August 2018.
• Set up and prepare material and equipment for lessons.
• Support teacher in current lesson.
• Assist in all technical tasks such as construction of armatures and lnking-up of printing plates.
• Help to manage the clay area including clay preparation, glaze mixing, load and fine kilns.
• Be able to rotate between Art classrooms for preparation work.
• Maintain close liaison with the teachers to ensure him/her is in the lesson at the most appropriate time.
• Keep all Art classrooms in supply of standard inventories.
• Maintain the fixed asset register of Art department. Perform regular fixed asset count.
• Keep stock room in workable order and help with ordering supplies.
• Monitor the flow of stock and order replacement at the appropriate times.
• Research and be resourceful in locating supplies locally.
• Compile the annual stock order from CES and liaise with them at all stages of the overseas order.
• Maintain the printers in the department with paper.
• Maintain and update the department calendar.
• Laminating work, cards and posters. Assist teachers and the Head of Department in maintaining displays around the Art space.
• Be able to source and collect resources/artefacts for key stage 3, 4 and 5 projects on a regular basis.
• Assist in the exhibition for GCSE and A-level examination art shows.
• Assist the teachers to put the artwork produced by the pupils around the school.
• Interested in art & design or with relevant background/experience.
• Good command of English
• Good communication skills
• A good team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail
• Independent and be able to take initiative
• Competent to work under pressure with good time management skills.
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
|Closing Date: 17 Jun 2018|
|For enquiries, please contact Joyce Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|