Quarry Bay School Website: http://www.qbs.edu.hk
|Quarry Bay School is a four-form entry school with approximately 720 students.|
Quarry Bay School is a CIS Accredited and IB World School utilising the Primary Years Programme (PYP) curriculum framework. Teaching and learning at QBS is underpinned by a rigorous and student-centred approach to curriculum, pedagogy and practice.
Quarry Bay School’s recently renovated classroom spaces are bright, welcoming and child-friendly spaces!
Quarry Bay School is an international primary school with 720 students. We are seeking to appoint a School Nurse to start in August 2018.
• Primary responsibility is to ensure the smooth operation of the Medical room in order to provide professional, immediate and appropriate medical support to the students and the school.
• Respond to the needs of students reporting sick, prioritise and deal with them as appropriate, including carrying out appropriate First Aid care.
• Operating efficient systems to support student well-being.
• Making arrangements to send home/contacting parents/hospitalisation, where necessary.
• Advising and educating patients on follow-up care, general health matters, immunization and etc.
• Liaising with staff (as appropriate) on problems with students.
• Responsible for maintaining the medical room in good condition by ordering and maintaining adequate medical supplies and keeping the room clean and sanitary.
• Responsible for ensuring adequate and appropriate First Aid stock in medical room and classroom supplies, such as contents and display etc.
• Maintain records of all visits to the Medical Room and report as appropriate.
• Responsible for Accident and Insurance Form completion.
• Collate information for Health Department’s Students Health Service and administration of scheduled services.
• Provide staff with First Aid kits for camps, excursions, trips, including the preparation of medical paperwork for such events.
• Give advice on health & hygiene management of school.
• Arrange/Provide First Aid training to staff.
• Other duties as instructed by the Principal.
• Registered nurse OR enrolled nurse in Hong Kong (If the applicant is registered overseas or enrolled nurse, she/he will be considered as School Health Professional).
• Certificate, Diploma or Bachelor of Nursing is preferable
• 5 years healthcare/nursing experience in a hospital, clinic or education environment, including treating children
• Speak and write fluent English
• Applies ability to perform routine medical procedures and First Aid treatment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with staff and students
• Applies understanding of government requirements on medical health & safety in schools
• Applies an understanding of the school system
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
|Closing Date: 26 Jun 2018|
|For enquiries, please contact Doris Wong at +852 25664457 or email@example.com.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|