The Facilities Development Department would like to recruit an Assistant Project Manager / Project Manager to manage the projects in our Schools’ premises. The incumbent will bring relevant technical experience for delivering the project works on time, within budget and to ESF standard of quality.
The incumbent will also be responsible for:
• Initial and ongoing consultation with end users, providing technical advices and development of project brief documents clearly articulating the key objectives and scope of the projects.
• Planning and implementing capital works, alteration & addition works, as well as renovation projects within budget, on time and to ESF standard of quality as well as applicable statutory requirements.
• Undertaking day to day management and coordinating with in-house functional support team, consultants, contractors, schools and government authorities where appropriate throughout all project phases.
• Assisting with internal co-ordination of matters such as education, human resources, finance, communication and admissions to ensure that project deliverables are achieved.
• Providing technical design input to the project as well as directing in-house functional support team and/or consultants to produce high quality design in accordance with ESF design standard.
• Acting as the Client on-site representative, throughout the construction stage to final handover stage for day-to-day management, coordination and monitoring of the quality of services of consultants and contractors.
• Managing the material and work quality inspection / testing and commissioning processes in conjunction with in-house functional support team, consultants and contractors to ensure the works delivered are in good quality.
• Assisting in preparation of necessary documentation for possible funding, statutory requirements and other matters associated with building projects.
• Assisting in assessment and making recommendation for consultants and/or contractors’ progress payments.
• Preparing and providing regular project status reports and presentations to the Senior Manager and the Director, Facilities.
• Maintaining complete set of on-site records for effective cost control and for final account purposes.
• Responsible for managing project close out from the owner’s perspective, including managing the handover / snagging process and ensuring full set of as-built drawings / O&M manuals / warranty documentation are in place and in order.
• Degree in architectural study, surveying, building services engineering, building construction, etc. or relevant technical subjects.
• Minimum 10 years relevant post graduate experience.
• Professional qualification(s) desirable but not essential.
• Result-oriented with excellent problem solving and communication skills.
• Multinational corporate exposure an advantage.
• Hands on experience in managing project team including consultants and contractors throughout the design, procurement and construction processes.
• Candidate with more experience will be considered as Project Manager.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet aggressive deadlines.
• Fluency in oral, written English, Cantonese (desirable).
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to deal with construction contractors and consultants.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Applies good understanding of HKSAR building codes and standards.
• Applies good knowledge of construction practice and safety rules.
• Competency in project planning software, such as Primavera or MS Project.
• Competency in computer aided drawing software, such as AutoCAD.
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.