Renaissance College Website: http://www.renaissance.edu.hk
|Renaissance College opened for students in August 2006 and is providing an all-through education for 2,100 students aged 5 to 18 years. With advanced design and facilities, Renaissance College is testament to ESF’s continuing contribution to the future of quality education in Hong Kong, featuring first-class amenities such as a dedicated sports centre with sports hall and swimming pool, cafeteria, library and performance arts centre; and high-level infrastructure for Information and Communication Technology. We have a fully developed 1:1 Apple laptop programme for over 1100 students and further 500 school owned Apple laptops and desktops. We also have a growing iPad programme.|
The school requires a College Counsellor to provide counseling services for our community.
Main Accountabilities :
1. Student Counselling
• Provide confidential personal counseling for students as individuals and groups
• Maintain and monitor effective referral mechanism, both for teachers and students
• Liaise with pastoral staff to ensure adequate flow of information
• Employ appropriate assessment and screening tools
• Refer students to relevant professionals when appropriate
• Attend multi-agency meetings as required
• Maintain effective records and produce annual summary report
• Provide reasonable emergency support out of school hours during term time
• Follow recognized counseling code of ethics (as determined by a nationally recognized body)
2. Community support
• Advise and assist in developing appropriate HSE content and opportunities
• Identify and respond to trends in student need
• Work with SEN co-ordinator as required
• Work with nominated Child Protection Officer to implement the Child Protection Policy
• Develop and maintain relationships with government and community support services
• Provide parent and family counseling when appropriate
• Provide parenting workshops to support aims of HSE programme
• Maintain library of relevant resources for access by community
• Recruiting, training and managing an effective and active Peer Support service
3. Staff Support and Training
• Liaise with pastoral team to identify community needs
• Assist staff in planning and delivering relevant parts of curriculum
• Act as supervisor/professional mentor to School Social Worker
• Conduct training for staff in relevant topics, to strengthen pastoral care of students
• Provide staff counselling services as necessary
4. Other duties
• Attend regular supervision with suitably qualified supervisor
• Serve on College Crisis Response Team as required
• Mobilise and manage effective counseling response to major incident
• Maintain suitable counselling environment in liaison with Business Manager
The College counsellor reports to the Vice-principals of Secondary and Primary schools responsible for the pastoral care of students. In order to complete the core functions of the role the College Counsellor will consult with Heads of Year/Year Level Co-ordinators.
• Bachelor degree (postgraduate qualifications preferred)
• Recognised Higher Degree in counselling, social work or other relevant discipline
• Professional registration with recognised body
• Minimum three years post-qualification practice with young people, preferably in international school setting
• Understanding and respect for confidentiality of service
• Willingness to maintain professional competency through professional development and networking
• A consideration of different cultural sensitivities and approaches to HSE topics
• A sound understanding of, and ability to work within, an existing counsellors Code of Ethics
• Ability to communicate effectively with a range of people and institutions, including teachers, parents, students, social worker, associated professionals, government agencies and NGOs
• Ability to employ screening suitable for school context
• Sound understanding of relevant policies and procedures
• Role of external agencies and ability to refer when required
• A working understanding of the IB programmes
Development / Training to support role competencies
Evidence of ongoing professional development and growth; understanding of contemporary developments in counseling practice.
|Closing Date: 27 Aug 2018|
|For enquiries, please contact Alice Har at +852 35563553 or firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|