The Facilities Development Department would like to recruit a site-based QA/QC Engineer to establish and implement Quality Assurance / Quality Control (QA/QC) systems and processes for the capital project of school redevelopment. The incumbent will bring relevant technical experience for delivering the project works to assure quality.
The incumbent will also be responsible for:
• Developing, implementing and monitoring the QA/QC plans and procedures during construction stage to assure all construction works are performed as required by the contract and meets or exceeds the required qualities, standards and applicable statutory requirements.
• Managing the works quality inspection / testing and commissioning processes to ensure materials delivered to site, on-site workmanship and off-site fabrication are fully inspected and in good quality with proper inspection documentation.
• Managing and supervising all QA/QC functions of the project including inspection processes and schedules.
• Implementing multiple levels of QA/QC for various and concurrent trades.
• Reviewing work procedures, methods statements and Inspection & Test Plans (ITP) for compliance with good practices, contract specifications and applicable statutory requirements.
• Coordinating, performing and witnessing construction inspections and testing services of the project.
• Collecting, maintaining and tracking all Quality Records including inspection forms, test certificates and reports and ensuring all inspection reports are accurate and that all attached documents are current status.
• Establishing and implementing processes and tracking systems for correct identification of materials, verification of compliance to approved material submittals and ensuring the submitted reports for the delivered materials match the required specifications.
• Tracking contractor’s submittals and ensuring works being carried out on site are in accordance with the approved shop drawings and materials submittals.
• Supporting the Project Manager in dealing with the consultants, contractors and other project stakeholders for all Quality matters.
• Evaluating the qualifications of specialist workers and technicians to ensure compliance with specifications, manufacturer instructions and applicable statutory requirements.
• Conducting and participating in all internal / external audits.
• Preparing non-conformance reports, analyzing non-conformities and assisting in developing corrective actions.
• Supervising on the correct equipment calibration management activities
• Coordinating and reviewing relevant documents required for submission to statutory authorities to ensure completeness and in order.
• Monitoring site safety and ensuring compliance with applicable statutory requirements and ESF’s Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) standard.
• Managing project close out from the owner’s perspective, including managing the handover / snagging process and ensuring full set of as-built drawings / O&M manuals / warranty documentation are in place and in order.
• Degree in engineering / quality assurance management or relevant technical subjects.
• Minimum 10 years relevant post graduate experience.
• Professional qualification(s) desirable but not essential.
• Hands on experience in developing and implementing QA/QC processes for construction projects.
• Result-oriented with excellent problem solving and communication skills.
• Knowledge, experience and confidence to engage and professionally interact with the design professionals, consultants, contractors and other project stakeholders.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet aggressive deadlines.
• Fluency in oral, written English, Cantonese (desirable).
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to deal with construction contractors and consultants.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Applies good understanding of HKSAR building codes and standards.
• Applies good knowledge of construction practice and safety rules.
• Competency in computer software skills, such as MS Office.
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.