ESF Centre Website: http://www.esf.edu.hk
|The English Schools Foundation (ESF) is the largest provider of English-medium international education in Hong Kong. Our culture is one of joy in learning and pride in achievement. Our 22 schools and comprehensive programme of extra-curricular activities bring out the best in every student through a personalised approach to learning and by inspiring curious minds. Located in Quarry Bay, ESF Centre is responsible for the administration of all schools within the English Schools Foundation. ESF has over 17,000 students. |
For further details about ESF, please visit our website at http://www.esf.edu.hk/.
Project Manager (Site Based)
The Facilities Development Department would like to recruit a site-based Project Manager to manage the capital project of school redevelopment. The incumbent will bring relevant technical experience for delivering the project works on time, within budget and to ESF standard of quality.
The incumbent will also be responsible for:
• Acting as the Client on-site representative, throughout the construction stage to final handover stage responsible for day-to-day management, coordination and monitoring of the consultants, resident site staff (RSS) and contractors to ensure completion of the project on time, within budget and of high quality.
• Monitoring and supervising construction works to ensure the works are completed in accordance with contract specifications and applicable statutory requirements.
• Managing, reviewing and monitoring construction programme and works sequence to ensure all project milestones are achieved.
• Reviewing and monitoring contractor’s resources plan to ensure manpower, plant and equipment are sufficient and properly planned to achieve all project milestones.
• Reviewing and ensuring contractor’s method statements and Inspection & Test Plans (ITP) are properly in place and being implemented.
• Managing the works quality inspection / testing and commissioning processes to ensure materials delivered to site, on-site workmanship and off-site fabrication are fully inspected and in good quality with proper inspection documentation.
• Managing and facilitating coordination amongst all trades on drawings as well as site works to ensure the works completed are fully and properly coordinated.
• Managing and ensuring proper implementation of the environmental monitoring and mitigation measures to minimise impact to the adjacent properties and neighbours.
• Monitoring site safety and ensuring compliance with applicable statutory requirements and ESF’s Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) standard.
• Assisting in assessment and making recommendation for consultants and/or contractors’ progress payments.
• Preparing and providing regular project status reports and presentations to the Senior Manager and the Director, Facilities.
• Maintaining complete set of on-site records for effective cost control and for final account purposes.
• Liaison with relevant government authorities and managing the processes of obtaining statutory approvals, occupation permit and relevant licenses for operation of the school premises.
• Managing project close out from the owner’s perspective, including managing the handover / snagging process and ensuring full set of as-built drawings / O&M manuals / warranty documentation are in place and in order.
• Degree in civil / structural / building engineering or relevant technical subjects.
• Minimum 12 years relevant post graduate experience with minimum 5 years based on site.
• Professional qualification(s) desirable but not essential.
• Experience in new-build institutional project on sloped site is desirable.
• Result-oriented with excellent problem solving and communication skills.
• Hands on experience in managing project team including consultants and contractors.
• Knowledge, experience and confidence to engage and professionally interact with the design professionals, consultants, contractors and other project stakeholders.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet aggressive deadlines.
• Fluency in oral, written English, Cantonese (desirable).
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to deal with construction contractors and consultants.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Applies good understanding of HKSAR building codes and standards.
• Applies good knowledge of construction practice and safety rules.
• Competency in project planning software, such as Primavera or MS Project.
• Competency in computer aided drawing software, such as AutoCAD.
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
|Closing Date: 30 Sep 2018|
|For enquiries, please contact Glenda Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|