Sha Tin College Website: http://www.shatincollege.edu.hk
|Sha Tin College is a secondary school with a capacity for 1,200 students|
Head of Faculty - Learning Support (TLR 1) - Starting Aug 2019
Sha Tin College is seeking to appoint a Head of Faculty (HOF) to ensure that students are at the centre of the Faculty’s aims and objectives as well as its practices and procedures. The HOF is a leader within the Faculty and across the College, assisting teachers to develop their own teaching and other professional skills, and advocating for students in their subject areas. The HOF is instrumental to the continued development of the College and as part of senior leadership will be responsible for the vision, leadership and management of the Faculty in line with College Mission, Values, policies and procedures.
The Learning Support Faculty aims to provide a full range of support for students. The main areas of work involve supporting students whose first language is not English, maximising support for students with learning difficulties from level of adjustment one to four, ensuring provision for Gifted & Talented students, and admissions’ testing and interviews.
The successful applicant is expected to have the following skills, abilities, knowledge and experience.
Personal Skills and Abilities
● Excellent negotiation, collaboration and problem-solving skills with a solution-focused attitude
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with staff, students and parents with a view to empowering others
● Commitment to supporting and developing a holistic approach to student development and well-being
● Excellent organizational skills and timely follow-up.
Knowledge and Experience
● A sound practical knowledge of curriculum development, SEN, EAL and G & T
● Pedagogical expertise; minimum of 7 years of teaching experience in SEN, G & T and EAL
● Solid ICT skills
● Qualified to assess students for exam access arrangements
● Previous demonstrated leadership skills will be an asset.
|Closing Date: 28 Sep 2018|
|For enquiries, please contact Lorna Gomes at +852 26991811 or firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|