ESF Educational Services Website: http://www.esf.org.hk
|ESF Educational Services Limited (ESL), a subsidiary to the English Schools Foundation, delivers a highly successful programme of after-school English and other language teaching and sports coaching for children across Hong Kong, and also operates five international kindergartens.|
Classroom Assistant - ESL Language, Part-time Hourly
A classroom assistant is responsible for assisting the class teacher by providing support throughout all class activities, facilitating the learning of students and contributing to the effective delivery of the ESL language programme.
Support for Students
• Supervise and support pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning;
• Establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs;
• Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils;
• Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher;
• Encourage pupils to act independently as appropriate;
• Attend to the pupils’ personal needs including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters.
Support for Teachers
• Assist in the preparation of the classroom as directed for lessons and clear afterwards;
• Be aware of pupil problems/progress/achievements and report to the teacher as agreed;
• Support the teacher in managing pupil behaviour;
• Be actively involved in all activities (such as singing and circle time).
Site Responsibilities and Classroom Set Up
• Be in the playground at least 10 minutes before the start of each lesson to welcome students and parents;
• As required, direct latecomers to classroom at start of lesson and wait with children at end of class if parents are late to collect;
• Undertake administrative duties including putting up signs, distributing materials etc.;
• Check teachers’ rooms at end of day to ensure tidiness (final responsibility for this lies with teachers);
• Any duties, within reason which Teacher-in-Charge may see fit to assign during the course of the day.
• Maintain ongoing communication with Language Teachers and Teacher-in-Charge on any issues of concern that may arise;
• At need, attend staff meetings and training sessions to promote clear communication and co-operative staff ethos;
• Maintain clear and polite communication with parents and communicate any concerns or issues to appropriate teacher and/or Teacher-in-Charge.
All applicants must have at least one year's experience working with children.
Please note - Candidates must hold a permanent/dependant working visa or have sideline visa permission from their Hong Kong employer.
We regret that we can only accept applications from those candidates currently based in Hong Kong.
|Closing Date: 30 Jun 2019|
|For enquiries, please contact Dennis Lo at firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|