We are seeking to appoint an experienced and dynamic primary teacher to join our staff team and collaboratively lead the development of the technology and multiliteracies programmes for our students. The position will be a full-time two years contract starting August 2019, renewable by mutual consent.
The successful candidate will join a highly effective team which currently comprises specialist teaching colleagues responsible for Learning Technology, Information Literacy and Media Literacy. We are looking to strengthen the team with the addition of a dynamic educator in order to tackle up-coming strategic challenges. These include;
• A review of the roles of the team members to support the development of Ideal Libraries as outlined in the Enhanced PYP.
• The development of an enhanced school based Learning Support Platform to enable reporting of student performance, curriculum design and school evaluation.
• To continue the development of transformational use of technology to deepen learning across the curriculum.
• The enhancement of the rigorous Digital Citizenship programme we have in place.
The post will be offered in a non-class based capacity, with a Teaching and Learning Responsibility allowance available, depending upon the experience of the successful candidate.
TLR 2 remains a possibility, but that will require school council approval as it will be a step away from our current staffing structure.
Applications are invited from primary teachers who have an expertise in the areas of Learning Technology and Multiliteracies (digital, media, information, critical and design literacy). Candidates with the following experience will also be welcomed;
• As a Google Certified Educator or Trainer
• Of relevant IBO training related to technology
• Of Teaching and Learning in the Maker Centred Classroom
Knowledge of hardware and software systems is required. At SJS, at present, these include:
• Chromebooks, iPads. Laptops, iPods and 3D Printers.
• Makeblock, Makey Makey, Littlebits, Buncee, G Suite, Flipgrid, Oliver, Scratch and Video Creation software.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.