Kowloon Junior School Website: http://www.kjs.edu.hk
|Kowloon Junior School (KJS) is a 5 form entry primary school with 900 students.|
Teacher of Chinese
Kowloon Junior School is now seeking to appoint a Teacher of Chinese starting August 2019. The position will be a full-time two years contract, renewable by mutual consent.
Teaching and Assessment:
● Planning lessons and sequences of lessons to meet student’s individual learning needs and to ensure student’s progression
● Using a range of appropriate strategies for teaching and learning and classroom management
● Using information about prior attainment to set expectations for students
● Using a range of assessment and reporting methods that show student’s achievement in relation to learning outcomes
● Providing clear and constructive feedback to students and their parents and caregivers
Wider professional roles:
● Planning and engaging in professional learning activities that support school and systematic priorities
● Taking responsibility for own professional development and using the outcomes to improve teaching and students’ learning
● Making an active contribution to the policies and aspirations of the school
● Ensuring administration of classroom procedures are completed efficiently
● Collaborating with members of the school community to build a team environment that supports students’ learning
Additional responsibilities may include:
● Assisting with or managing an aspect of daily school management
● Contribute to the school extra-curricular programme / wider school activities within the year
● Assisting in the planning, implementation and review of teaching and learning programmes
● Assisting in the development of curriculum policies and programmes
● Contributing to the Foundation-wide professional development programme
• Bachelor Degree/Full Professional teaching qualification.
• More than 2 years’ teaching experience at international schools is desirable.
• Primary trained.
• Knowledge of English is a prerequisite.
• Genuine interest and experience in teaching children with different cultural background
|Closing Date: 27 Jan 2019|
|For enquiries, please contact Astor Gibbons at email@example.com.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|