Sha Tin College requires a Teacher of Chinese. The position will be a part-time two years contract starting August 2019, renewable by mutual consent.
Teachers are expected to exemplify excellent professional practice which leads to high standards of teaching and learning within the curriculum. Teachers are also expected to support the guidance and co-curricular work of the school and be reliable in exercising their daily responsibilities. Working as part of the Faculty/Department team under the guidance and direction of the Head of Faculty/Department, the subject teacher is expected to fulfill the following roles:
• Providing learning opportunities for every student commensurate to her/his needs, abilities and stage of development, by teaching a programme that gives each student the opportunity to experience success, and which challenges all students to achieve their full potential.
• Establishing effective and positive relationships with students based on mutual respect, recognition of the individuality of each student and affirming their cultural identity.
• Provide a safe, effective, challenging learning environment and an attractive and welcoming classroom.
• Teaching students, as timetabled, including the setting and marking of work.
• Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainment of students.
• Co-operating with other staff on the preparation and development of courses, teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment.
• Maintaining good order and discipline among the students and safeguarding their health and safety.
• Keeping up to date on teaching and international educational developments and sharing enthusiasm and resources with other teachers.
• Attending professional development programmes, participating in INSET courses and attending professional meetings which relate to curricular, administrative or organisational matters as required; scheduled by Head of Faculty, Head of Department and Senior Leadership Team.
• Participating in the school system of cover for absent teachers.
• Participating in arrangements for preparing students for public examinations.
• Participating in administrative and organisational tasks related to such duties as are described above.
• Performing the pastoral duties of a teacher
• Taking responsibility for the safety of students through supervision duties
• Contributing to the co-curricular programme.
• Performing other duties which may reasonably be assigned from time to time by the Principal.
The above list is neither exhaustive nor definitive and is subject to change in accordance with departmental and school needs.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.