Island School Website: http://island.edu.hk
|Island School Sha Tin Wai|
Area 5A, Pok Hong Estate, Shatin, New Territories (Near Shatin Wai MTR station)
School Number: (852) 2524 7135 | Fax: (852) 2840 1673
Island School Tai Wai
Sun Chui Estate, Shatin, New Territories (Near Tai Wai MTR station)
School Number: (852) 2524 7135 | Fax: (852) 2167 6356
Secondary School with 1,200 students.
Teacher of Mathematics
Island School is looking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Mathematics teachers to join our highly successful and supportive department. The position will be a full-time two years renewable contract starting August 2019
The school follows the IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) in years 7 and 8, a pre-iGCSE syllabus in year 9 and the iGCSE course in years 10 and 11. In years 12 and 13 students study the IB Diploma course as well as the Applied learning pathway. We follow an inquiry led approach to learning across all phases which encourages students to be independent, resilient problem solvers. Of greatest importance is a love of the subject combined with the passion and skills for communicating this to our students. We invite applications from outstanding teachers who are committed to consistently delivering lessons that capture the imagination of our students across the age range and fostering the enjoyment of mathematics that leads to exceptional achievement. Typically around 50% of our students achieve A* (8/9) and 67% achieve A/A* (7, 8 or 9) at iGCSE. IB results are also very strong
The department places value on employing creativity when planning and delivering lessons. Teachers are encouraged to incorporate technology and innovation into their lessons to inspire students of all ages and abilities.
The school enters numerous Maths competitions each year including the UKMT and the International Schools Maths competitions. We also have several extra curricular maths opportunities as well as maths “Elements” courses are further opportunities for students to develop their love for the subject.
The Maths department at Island School is a strong team, and this is an excellent opportunity for a new colleague to join to share their experience and expertise with us.
- Planning lessons and sequences of lessons to meet student’s individual learning needs and to ensure student’s progression.
- Using a range of appropriate strategies for teaching and learning and classroom management.
- Use flexible groupings and structured inquiry to deliver high quality lessons in line with the IBO philosophy.
- Maintain a well organised and stimulating learning environment.
- Use learning technologies to enhance learning.
- Using information about prior attainment to set expectations for students.
- Using a range of assessment and reporting methods that show student’s achievement in relation to learning outcomes.
- Providing clear and constructive feedback to students and their parents and caregivers.
Wider professional roles:
- and engaging in professional learning activities that support school and systematic priorities.
- Taking responsibility for own professional development and using the outcomes to improve teaching and students’ learning.
- Making an active contribution to the policies and aspirations of the school.
- Ensuring administration of classroom procedures are completed efficiently.
- Collaborating with members of the school community to build a team environment that supports students’ learning.
• Bachelor Degree in Education, or
• Bachelor Degree in any subjects with PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education), or equivalent
• 1-3 years teaching experience within a recognised educational organisation
|Closing Date: 30 Jan 2019|
|For enquiries, please contact Betty Tsu at email@example.com.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|