English Schools Foundation Website: http://www.esf.edu.hk
|The English Schools Foundation (ESF) is a modern, well-managed educational organisation, committed to offering an international education to students drawn from over 70 countries. We are proud to be at the forefront of the educational hub in Hong Kong. We actively take advantage of the opportunities that Hong Kong offers as Asia’s world city and the principal gate-way to China.|
The curriculum, leading to the International Baccalaureate, is adapted to Hong Kong, and the Asia Pacific region. ESF’s 1,100 teachers are highly qualified bringing with them experience from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United States, the UK and many other international school systems. All schools offer a broad range of out-of-school activities in Hong Kong and overseas.
ESF has over 17,000 students. Our culture is one of joy in learning and pride in achievement. The great majority of our students study for the IB Diploma and gain entry to universities all over the world. ESF has a long-standing commitment to children with additional needs and is the principal provider for English-speaking children with special educational needs in Hong Kong. For further details about ESF, please visit our website at http://www.esf.edu.hk/.
Leading the delivery of psychological services and initiatives to support learning and wellbeing for a diverse range of students, including students with disability and/or additional learning and support needs. The Educational Psychologist is also responsible for the provision of services for both individual case-work, family support and advice to principals and staff.
• Provides high quality psychological consultation, assessment and reporting
• Assists schools in the identification and assessment of children who may have special educational needs.
• Develops assessment and intervention services within and across ESF schools.
• Develops and delivers SEN related CPD for teachers and other professionals.
• Takes a role in supporting the strategic plan for inclusion and SEN across the Foundation.
• Liaises with other agencies (including Government psychological services) to increase the assistance available to ESF and to ensure a concerted approach to meeting children’s needs
• Such other duties, in the context of the post, as may be required by the Manager Inclusion and Special Educational Needs
- An honours degree in psychology or equivalent and;
- Successful completion of postgraduate professional training in applied educational psychology that enable the incumbent to gain registration as an educational psychologist (eg. acceptable to the British Psychological Society or equivalent for graduate membership).
- Mandatory: at least 5 years successful experience as an educational psychologist.
- Desirable: at least 2 years classroom teaching experience and qualified teacher status.
- A range of experience working with children and young people of all ages.
Professional competence and confidence in:
• Undertaking case work with students with educational needs (kindergarten through secondary)
• Preparing formal reports with recommendations and interventions
• Assisting schools with assessments and case work
• Liaising with other agencies in Hong Kong
• Convening case conferences
• Designing and leading training for teachers and other professional staff
• Developing and supporting therapeutic and behaviour management programmes
• Developing and reviewing policies, as required
• A sound theoretical and practical knowledge of recent developments in educational psychology.
• Understanding of special educational needs philosophies and practices in; student services, special education, inclusive education, student wellbeing, child protection
• Work in partnership with internal and external stakeholders to promote and uphold the ESF Vision and Mission
• Lead different teams of people with effective communication skills, practical skills and a sound understanding of the impact of systems change in a school based setting.
• Establish positive relationships with school staff, ESFC staff, parents and children
• Negotiate and influence positively
• Manage and resolve conflict
|Closing Date: 07 Apr 2019|
|For enquiries, please contact Stanley Ho at +852 37622655 or email@example.com.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|