West Island School Website: http://www.wis.edu.hk
|West Island School is a member of the English Schools Foundation and was established in 1991. As an international secondary school offering iGCSE and IB programmes, we occupy award winning buildings in the Western district of Hong Kong. We serve a stable and established community in the Pokfulam district, with over 1200 students on roll. Our school mission of strength from diversity reflects the considerable achievements of our learners from over 40 different nationalities. Our students progress to the universities of their choice because they achieve highly, are well equipped and are leaders of the future.|
Assistant - Facilities
To assist the Facilities Manager in the area of site and facilities management and to ensure resources are utilized effectively, efficiently according to ESF Governance. Responsible for external and internal hiring requests.
• To coordinate and manage external bookings and hiring of facilities all bookings of the school (both internal and external) and the associated site arrangements (coordination of set-up, tear down and post booking on site inspections). To ensure all paperwork required for bookings is valid and in date also to ensure all the bookings do not clash
• To record all booking invoices, keeping track of payment statuses and informing all relevant departments of any issues
• To prepare monthly booking schedule and share with relevant parties
• To support the Facilities Managers as and when required, and act as back up in absence
• To conduct regular site walk and identify possible health and safety hazards and to discuss solutions with Facilities Manager
• To ensure that the environment of the school is conducive to teaching and learning (e.g. all classrooms are adequately resourced, clean, well maintained and free from clutter); to be proactive in checking all classrooms and facilities on a regular basis
• To ensure all classrooms are equipped with resources required for health & safety compliance
• To act as the secondary contact for all matters relating to the school’s site and facilities
• To ensure adequate stock levels of supplies are held for general operations e.g. cleaning supplies and to ensure resources are utilized in a cost effective and efficient manner.
• To coordinate site arrangement for all approved school or non-school events on site
• To manage and file all documents and records relating to facilities management of the school (PO, works orders, quotations, certificates, license etc)
• To create signs and labels for operational use
• Perform other duties and assumes accountabilities as apparent or as delegated, including mutually agreed upon objectives
• To explore energy saving opportunities for school utilities
• To assist the Facilities Officer to develop new rental opportunities to generate additional rental income
• Facilities Manager
• Secondary education
• 2 years relevant experience in facilities and administration
• Fluency in oral, written English, Cantonese
• Ability to follow established standards
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work well under time constraints, pressure, and repeated tasks
• Ability to solve problems and to work independently
• Ability to follow up on issues proactively
• Ability to firmly negotiate with contractors and external guests while maintaining healthy relationship
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
|Closing Date: 26 Mar 2019|
|For enquiries, please contact Margaret Lau at +852 2819 1962 or email@example.com.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|