West Island School Website: http://www.wis.edu.hk
|West Island School is a member of the English Schools Foundation and was established in 1991. As an international secondary school offering iGCSE and IB programmes, we occupy award winning buildings in the Western district of Hong Kong. We serve a stable and established community in the Pokfulam district, with over 1200 students on roll. Our school mission of strength from diversity reflects the considerable achievements of our learners from over 40 different nationalities. Our students progress to the universities of their choice because they achieve highly, are well equipped and are leaders of the future.|
Administrator - HR & Finance
To provide administrative support to Business Operations, HR and Finance functions. This is a full time position active throughout 12 months of the year.
HR & Payroll
• Organises teaching staff cover (including supply teachers) and arranges relief staff as per the school needs. Ensures accurate records are maintained in Maze and iTimesheet
• Maintain accurate HR information such as staff personal data, recruitment, leave etc (paper and electronic records)
• Prepare monthly payroll information such as supply teacher, EA, OT timesheet etc.
• Process authorised monthly timesheets into the ENet system before cut-off date
• Collate and submit monthly reports for payroll reconciliation to ESFC
• Administration and assisting in staff recruitment including job postings and reference checking
• Administration of staff, school volunteers and 3rd party providers to ensure compliance with ESF Child Protection policies
• Deal with queries from employees and ESFC regarding EAccess, payroll or simple HR related enquiries
• Ensures complete and accurate personnel files are maintained
• Administration and processing of work visa applications and renewals
• Generate HR standard and ad hoc reports for school management
• Assist in the drafting of Consultancy Agreements with 3rd party suppliers
• Arranges events catering via school caterer for school functions and staff needs
• Provide verbal and written translation support (Cantonese/English) for staff and the school community where required
• Provide cover for essential school duties during staff absences
• Performs other duties and assumes accountabilities as apparent or as delegated, including mutually agreed upon objectives
• Manages fixed assets and maintains accurate records in Epicor
• Performs annual fixed asset check
• Maintains and updates Purchase Order Log
• Prepares and records accounts payable transactions in Epicor
• Prepares insurance requests for local and overseas trip or teachers’ training
• Business Operations Managers
• Three years administration, preferably within a school environment
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
• A friendly manner in relation to staff and students is essential. Ability to be flexible, prioritise workload, to work independently and use initiative.
• Excellent PC skills especially with Excel, google suite of applications.
• Fluent English and Cantonese is essential
• First Aid qualified (or the willingness to be First Aid trained)
• Ability to adapt to changing situations and to learn new skills is essential.
• Ability to work harmoniously as part of a team is essential.
• Ability to work and manage time effectively under pressure is essential
• A friendly, approachable manner in relation to staff & student users is essential.
• Confidentiality and professionalism
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
|Closing Date: 27 Mar 2019|
|For enquiries, please contact Margaret Lau at +852 2819 1962 or email@example.com.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|