Discovery ColIege Website: http://www.discovery.edu.hk
|Discovery College is a part of the English Schools Foundation. The College opened in 2008 in new, purpose-built campus in Discovery Bay, Hong Kong in August 2008. The College is now a full Years 1-13 (K-12) school with over 1,350 primary and secondary students offering the International Baccalaureate PYP, MYP and Diploma programmes. Our school community is diverse and represents a group of highly motivated staff and students from over 40 home countries.|
The College's Vision Statement of Grow. Discover. Dream., recognises the need for students to be independent, critical and creative thinkers, equipped with the skills, attitudes and values to contribute positively in this complex world we live.
Head of Secondary
The Discovery College is now recruiting a Head of Secondary for the academic year 2019-2020 onwards (Start date to be mutually agreed).
Discovery College is looking for a leader who is:
• Committed to and inspired by the school’s Vision of “Grow. Discover. Dream.”
• Visible, approachable; a great communicator who builds positive relationships with all stakeholders.
• Dedicated to setting high expectations and fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
• Supportive of Positive Education/Visible Learning inherent in the wellbeing focus already established at the College.
• Excited to be part of and contribute to a highly reputable foundation of 22 schools.
• Able to recognise the importance of enabling and resourcing staff to fulfil their potential.
• Able to manage and deliver both excellent educational and operational results.
• Someone who encourages collaboration and a shared sense of purpose, while being a firm decision-maker.
• Committed to the effective and responsible use of technology in support of the learning programme.
What Discovery College has to offer a new Head of Secondary:
• Discovery College’s reputation as a highly-respected school in the international community, with a record of excellent academic achievement.
• A strong organisational culture and mission: a diverse student body and commitment to produce students who are “independent learners / international citizens.”
• A palpable sense of community built on trust and transparency.
• A culture that embraces new ideas and uses innovation for continuous improvement.
• A uniquely designed, state-of-the-art campus with extensive facilities.
• A strong Leadership Team and supportive Council, with positive working relationships between the two and a strong commitment to common goals.
• A supportive and appreciative parent community.
• Highly motivated, enthusiastic and passionate students.
• Senior management experience in a similarly sized (Secondary or all-age) school
• Experiences in a range of different schools, with a well developed school outlook
Abilities – The candidate will be skilled at
• Setting high expectations and fostering a culture of continuous improvement
• Building a professional learning community
• Building positive relationships with external stakeholders from different cultural backgrounds; and
• Reflecting and evaluating when embedding change in a school context
• Understanding of assessment for learning
• Understanding of personalised learning
• Proven ability to develop community and parent links
• Proven ability to build a professional learning community
Knowledge – The candidate will
• Have an understanding of leadership capabilities in a school context
• Have sound understanding of the primary/secondary curriculum for students of all abilities
• Understand how students learn and in particular how to meet the needs of EALand special needs students
• Understand effectiveness in Performance Management and Development
• Development / Training to Support Role Competencies
• Development activities
• Evidence of having developed a range of senior leadership skills and experiences in current role and the ability to reflect and learn from them.
• Evidence of training for a senior leadership position
• Relevant courses
• Appropriate leadership development professional development relevant to the role
|Closing Date: 28 Apr 2019|
|For enquiries, please contact Joyce Kwok at +852 +852 39691000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Please click here for more information about the position.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|