King George V School Website: http://www.kgv.edu.hk
|King George V School is an international secondary school with approximately 1,800 students that teaches the IGCSE and IB curriculum in English.|
Higher Education Counsellor
• assist the Head of Careers and Guidance Counselling in conducting group sessions and workshops in school to students, parents and staff.
• take responsibility for presentations on agreed specific destinations;
• organise meetings and presentations with HE representatives;
• take part in HE events within school which may take place after school hours;
• conduct guidance interviews with students;
• co-ordinate and monitor accurate data collection of school leaver destinations;
• maintain contact and communication with HE institutions worldwide;
• co-ordinate the preparation of HE applications to agreed destinations;
• publicise and promote the resources, advice and guidance available to students in the school;
• assist in maintaining Careers and Guidance resources;
• organise visits to HE events outside school;
Leadership and Management
• forge good relations with teaching and support staff;
• attend school and departmental meetings as required;
• represent the Careers & Guidance Department in the absence of the Head of Department;
• take a lead on appropriately delegated aspects of department work to assist the Head of Careers and Guidance Counselling;
• manage, mentor and support assistant and trainee HE Counsellors;
• maintain an up-to-date knowledge of Careers and Higher Education-related issues and developments on a day-to-day basis, and also by attending events in Hong Kong and overseas to increase awareness of Higher Education on an international level;
Strategy and Development
• contribute to strategy and shared work with the ESF wide HE Counselling Group.
• Bachelor’s Degree with a Certificate or Diploma in Counselling, Psychology;
• appropriate professional qualifications would be an advantage;
• previous experience in a guidance, counselling or advisory specifically related to managing processes and relationships;
• fluency in English; effective oral and written communication skills;
• flexibility to respond to changing situations; ability to work under pressure; team-working skills;
• positive attitude, integrity and excellent judgment;
• knowledge in ICT applications; knowledge of HE systems, institutions and application procedures in at least one country which is a major destination for students of the school.
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
|Closing Date: 28 Apr 2019|
|For enquiries, please contact Joyce Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|