To support and enhance the educational goals of WIS by working closely with the students, staff and the library team to provide an attractive environment and an up to date collection that equips students with life-long learning skills. This is a permanent full time role, active for 10.5 months of each year (the summer break will be unpaid leave).
• Handle all Circulation services including but not limited to reservation, check-in, check-out, and follow up overdue cases
• Generate and organize statistics and reports for circulation and usage of resources
• Maintain student/ staff data on the OLIVER system
• Maintain and order library stationary
• Assist in acquisitions
• Other general clerical support including but not limited to maintaining resources and workplace in an orderly manner, filing documents
• Conduct stock check
Cataloguing and processing
• Catalogue, classify, and process all physical and digital resources in various formats
• Catalogue periodicals and follow-up serial subscriptions (digital and printed)
• Weed damaged or out-of-date resources when appropriate
• Mend physical copies for minor damages
Working with students and staff
• Support students and teachers in using library catalogues, library website, equipment and facilities
• Assist with a range of learning opportunities aimed at developing students’ understanding of the library
• Assist with the supervision of students during opening hours, train and supervise library monitors
Library Environment (physical and online)
• Maintain the order of shelves and other resources
• Create a warm, stimulating environment
• Design and prepare promotional materials such as signs, bookmarks, and posters,
• Assist to maintain and update the library website
• Take responsibility for own professional development through membership of professional bodies such as ALESS, HKLA, and ALA
• Undertake regular professional reading
• Undertake computer system training as required
• Performs other duties and assumes accountabilities as agreed
• 1-2 years experience in a similar role
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills
• English language fluency
• Experience in a school library environment is desirable
• Paraprofessional qualification in Library Assistants is an advantage
• Strong information technology skills
• Good cataloguing skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Physical fitness to carry heavy resources
• Working knowledge of a library management system, preferably OLIVER
• Ability to work as part a team as well as independently with minimum supervision.
• Ability to work and manage time effectively under pressure
• A friendly, approachable manner in relation to staff & student users
• Willingness to use own initiative
• Ability to:solve problems; be flexible; adaptive in new situations and technologies; capable of considering different perspectives
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.