Island School Website: http://island.edu.hk
|Island School Sha Tin Wai|
Area 5A, Pok Hong Estate, Shatin, New Territories (Near Shatin Wai MTR station)
School Number: (852) 2524 7135 | Fax: (852) 2840 1673
Island School Tai Wai
Sun Chui Estate, Shatin, New Territories (Near Tai Wai MTR station)
School Number: (852) 2524 7135 | Fax: (852) 2167 6356
Secondary School with 1,200 students.
Workshop Instructor III
To manage the designated area’s technical facilities coordinating and carrying out the support of teaching and learning. At times this will include being responsible for instructing students and workshop supervision.
• To prepare materials and rooms for all classes as necessary, including ordering of materials and tools.
• To check and ensure all equipment is ready and safe to handle and use, to oversee and enforce overall safety regulations
• To manage, schedule and/or carry out the production of student work on 3D printers, laser cutters and other CAM machinery; instruct and assist where appropriate,
• To consistently keep up to date with developments in CADCAM and relevant technological innovations and take on training as appropriate
• To share knowledge and understanding of these amongst faculty staff through formal and informal training
• To coordinate with the site team, ICT technical teams, Business Manager and Head of Department/Faculty when necessary on site relevant project work
• Attend department meetings and planning meetings with other support staff as necessary
• Performs other duties and assumes accountabilities as apparent or as delegated
• 5 years working experience in a relevant technical field
• Good general ICT skills and computer literacy
• Knowledge and direct experience of manufacturing technologies (hardware and software) in the area of CADCAM e.g. preparation of G-code, use of 3D printing software such as Cura or similar, an understanding of 3D CAD software such as Autodesk
• Knowledge and direct experience of other general workshop equipment, machinery and hand tools and their use
• Good spoken and written English and Cantonese is a must
• An understanding of applied programming, control technologies and robotics
• Understanding of the creative culture of the Maker movement.
• Certificate of Safety Training from DATA (Design and Technology Association) Or equivalent.
• Genuine excitement for and ability to work with students, faculty, staff, and parents
• Excellent initiative, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
• Excellent general practical skills and problem solving
• A friendly and confident manner in relation to staff and students are essential
• Ability to be flexible, prioritise workload, to work independently and use initiative
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
|Closing Date: 03 May 2019|
|For enquiries, please contact Betty Tsu at +852 2524-7135 or email@example.com.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|