We wish to appoint an experienced and registered nurse to join our team of teachers and support staff. The School nurse is responsible for first aid and emergency care for students, staff and visitors to the school. This includes ensuring the smooth operation of the medical room and the provision of immediate, professional medical care and support. Additionally she/he will liaise, advise and support students, staff and parents as well as coordinate with relevant outside agencies. Ideally the applicant will have previous experience working with children in an educational setting.
• Lead and manage First aid and emergency care for students and staff at school.
• Provide leadership in all medically related areas, including Health & safety.
• Liaise with, advise and support students, staff and parents in health related matters.
• Oversee and manage all student medical and health records on the ESF Parent Gateway
• Coordinate relevant outside agencies
• Good oral and written communication skills in English, with Cantonese also desireable
• High level interpersonal skills with the ability to work with children and adults;
• Good IT skills including word processing, database and spreadsheets;
• Student focused, caring and patient in any medical or emergency situation that may arise
• Good organizational skills, initiative and problem-solving skills.
• Licensed or a registered nurse in Hong Kong with a minimum of 5 years nursing experience in hospital, clinic or education environment, including treating children. (Registered overseas will be considered as a School Health Professional).
• First Aid & CPR certificates.
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.