Discovery College Website: http://www.discovery.edu.hk
|Discovery College is a part of the English Schools Foundation. The College opened in 2008 in new, purpose-built campus in Discovery Bay, Hong Kong in August 2008. The College is now a full Years 1-13 (K-12) school with over 1,350 primary and secondary students offering the International Baccalaureate PYP, MYP and Diploma programmes. Our school community is diverse and represents a group of highly motivated staff and students from over 40 home countries.|
The College's Vision Statement of Grow. Discover. Dream., recognises the need for students to be independent, critical and creative thinkers, equipped with the skills, attitudes and values to contribute positively in this complex world we live.
To support the smooth running of the library in order to provide information services and support across the school
• Help design and maintain the library web page(s).
• Research information from various sources to support teaching & learning
• Produce library publications to promote library programs, activities and resources e.g. booklets, brochures, leaflets, forms, bookmarks, etc
• Prepare relevant library displays
• Handle loans and returns of library resources
• Administer reservation system of library resources
• Answer staff and student enquiries
• Monitor the use of AV equipment & ICT facilities
• Edit and maintain the library records and data
• Maintain the backup system
• Upload data to library system from internal & external sources
• Produce library statistics & present reports
Joint Certificate in Librarianship
Relevant experience in the library or bookstore
• Ability to appraise and evaluate library materials to ensure a well-balanced, up-to-date stock which meets the curricular and recreational needs of all readers
• Knowledge of school’s aims and objectives, students’ abilities and reading needs, Knowledge of books and non book material
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
|Closing Date: 28 Jul 2019|
|For enquiries, please contact Joyce Kwok at +852 39691000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Please click here for more information about the position.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|