ESF Sports in Hong Kong seek suitably qualified, national governing body-accredited, Level 1 Coach Award holders to join our coaching team as primary and kindergarten school coaches in one of our core After-School Programmes delivering sports sessions which introduce children to the fundamental competencies of swimming and sports cubs fundamentals. Coaches will be required to deliver sports sessions predominantly in the Swimming programme and the Sports Cubs programme which have been designed to give young students an opportunity to develop a wide range of skills and abilities through fun games and activities, which will prepare them in a variety of different sports.
Candidates must be energetic, enthusiastic, have a passion for sport in general and will be expected to have a proven track record with suitable experience of working with young children between the ages of 2 to 16 years old. It is essential that candidates have suitable, proven experience of working with very young children in our core, primary and kindergarten school age-group market and can demonstrate experience of providing dynamic, progressive sessions to these young age groups through structured session planning in our After-School extra-curricular programme. Please note, evidence of coaching experience in a kindergarten or primary school setting will need to be provided at interview stage.
As with all sports coaching posts, these roles involve unsocial working hours, including weekends. In addition, as a member of the ESF Sports team, candidates will be expected to work during standard school holiday periods to deliver multi-sports coaching sessions in our Sports Camps and Clinics programme. Any additional NGB-accredited sports qualifications will be useful for this aspect of the job.
• Possess a current Level 1 Coach Award accredited by a national governing body
• Minimum of three year’s recent experience in coaching sport and activities to very young students
• Fluency in English essential including excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Be passionate about sport, especially teaching your specific sport and have an abundance of energy, enthusiasm and patience to work with young children
• Flexibility to adapt to changing environments, ability groups and weather conditions
• A commitment to work unsocial hours
• Possess a current First Aid and CPR certificate as well as computer knowledge in Microsoft Office applications
• Willing and enthusiastic about continued professional development, education and training
• Work/Dependant visa status to work in Hong Kong
• Proven record of working with children in 2 – 16 years old age group
• Proven experience of working with schools
• Good organisational and planning skills
• Proven ability to use own initiative
• A confident and professional manner
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.