The technician is responsible for supporting the teaching and learning in Food & Technology classes within the school. This is a permanent full-time role active for 10.5 months each year (summer break will be unpaid leave).
• Assisting teaching staff in practical lessons to ensure students can use equipment
• Cleaning, checking and maintaining all the food utensils, equipment and machinery on a frequent basis to ensure it is working properly
• Ensuring everything is prepared for lessons and that student work areas are kept tidy and clean
• Checking prices and obtaining quotations of for all replacement equipment and kitchen supplies, ensuring adherence to WIS financial policy and procedures
• Responsible for ordering stock and keeping refrigerators, store room and equipment in order
• Checking deliveries and shopping as required
• Maintaining online expenditure accounts
• Correctly storing food and rotating stock
• Assisting in organising washing, drying and storage of linen and student aprons when necessary
• Assisting in overseeing the removal of waste materials from rooms
• Advising cleaning staff of necessary (cleaning related) tasks
• Cleaning of sinks, draining boards daily and topping up of washing-up supplies
• Bleach cleaning brushes and sponges weekly plus regular cleaning of cookers, cooker drawers, ovens, microwave ovens and bookshelves
• Wiping down of all “out of reach” surfaces regularly
• Ensuring thorough cleaning and spraying of rooms during non classroom times
• Performs other duties and assumes accountabilities as apparent or as delegated, including mutually agreed upon objectives such as photocopying , sorting invoices, keeping records, inventory checks, constructing equipment required as teaching aids and use in the classrooms etc.
Head of Food Technology
• 3 years relevant experience
• Baking and cooking knowledge
• Knowledge of weighing food and preparation
• Fluent English
• Cantonese would be an advantage
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
• A friendly manner in relation to staff and students is essential. Ability to be flexible, prioritise workload, to work independently and use initiative
• Excellent PC skills especially with Excel, google documents
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.