Island School Website: http://island.edu.hk
|Island School Sha Tin Wai|
Area 5A, Pok Hong Estate, Shatin, New Territories (Near Shatin Wai MTR station)
School Number: (852) 2524 7135 | Fax: (852) 2840 1673
Island School Tai Wai
Sun Chui Estate, Shatin, New Territories (Near Tai Wai MTR station)
School Number: (852) 2524 7135 | Fax: (852) 2167 6356
Secondary School with 1,200 students.
Attendant, Food Technology
To assist in the cleaning, maintenance and organization of the Food Technology classrooms. To provide a safe, clean, and hygienic environment for staff and students (aged 11-18) to work in
• Maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the physical environment, ovens, fridges, equipment/utensils and resources, within the kitchen/classroom.
• Ensure that equipment and ingredients are prepared and organised for practical lessons, for the teaching staff and support requests during practical lessons.
• Monitor temperatures and rotate stock in cupboards and refrigerators/freezers;
• Assist slower students at the end of practical lessons to finish cleaning.
• Accept deliveries and purchase emergency ingredients when necessary.
• Assist in arranging refreshments for meetings when required.
• Performs other duties and assumes accountabilities as apparent or as delegated, including mutually agreed upon objectives.
• Must be confident working around children and should enjoy cooking
• Must complete Basic Food Hygiene/safety certification. This can be done in the induction period.
• Maintain high levels of hygiene when handling food.
• Perform cleaning tasks in hands on environment.
• Independent and motivated person to work as part of a team to support the Food Technology department.
• The successful applicant must demonstrate good communication skills, able to understand instructions in English and be willing to work with both teaching staff and students.
• The person must demonstrate good time management and organizational skills.
• Previous experience in a similar position is preferred but not essential.
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
|Closing Date: 20 Aug 2019|
|For enquiries, please contact Betty Tsu at +852 2524-7135 or firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|