Island School Website: http://island.edu.hk
|Island School Sha Tin Wai|
Area 5A, Pok Hong Estate, Shatin, New Territories (Near Shatin Wai MTR station)
School Number: (852) 2524 7135 | Fax: (852) 2840 1673
Island School Tai Wai
Sun Chui Estate, Shatin, New Territories (Near Tai Wai MTR station)
School Number: (852) 2524 7135 | Fax: (852) 2167 6356
Secondary School with 1,200 students.
Educational Assistant, Food Technology
To assist in the teaching/learning and organization the Food Technology department.
• Prepare resources for practical lessons for teaching staff and support requests during practical lessons
• To support pupils in practical lessons and ensure safe and hygienic working practices of pupils.
• Prepare and place food orders with the appropriate suppliers and monitor and rotate stock in cupboards and refrigerators/freezers; maintain high levels of hygiene when handling food.
• Assist with the management of the clean and safe working environment.
• Communicate with Cleaner/Food Technician to ensure cleaning is done efficiently.
• Source and purchase of small equipment to refill/replace existing stock at various times throughout the year.
• Administration and clerical tasks.
• Support in students in non-practical lessons, when other duties above are not required
• Performs other duties and assumes accountabilities as apparent or as delegated, including mutually agreed upon objectives.
- Knowledge of food ingredients, equipment and safety and hygiene procedures within a kitchen
- ICT proficient
- Independent and motivated person to work as part of a team to support the Food Technology department.
- Demonstrate good communication skills, able to understand instructions in English and be willing to work with both teaching staff and students.
- Cantonese speaker preferable.
- Demonstrate good time management and organizational skills
- Previous experience in a similar position is preferred but not essential.
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
|Closing Date: 20 Aug 2019|
|For enquiries, please contact Betty Tsu at +852 2524-7135 or firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|