South Island School Website: http://www.sis.edu.hk
|South Island School is a secondary school with approximately 1,400 students.|
Textile and Food Technician
JOB PURPOSE: Provide support to staff and students to ensure that the day to day teaching and learning within the department runs smoothly and effectively. Manage and maintain textile materials, teaching resources, tools and machinery in the Textile rooms. Follow and track health and safety procedures and prepare resources and materials for Textile lessons.
- Prepare textile materials and teaching resources for Textile lessons.
- In-class support as and when required.
- Maintain the housekeeping of the Textile rooms, assist to do the clean up when necessary.
- Source vendors, purchase Textiles items and equipment for the Department; prepare Purchase Orders and supporting procurement documents in line with school Procurement Policy.
- Organise and manage textile storage and teaching resources effectively and economically.
- Assist with maintenance of display work in Textile area; photograph and document student outcomes for display and website.
- Prepare for specialist textiles processes including dyeing, printing, laser cutting, digital printing, etc.
- Maintain and set up sewing machines and equipment, prepare and cut fabrics and paper patterns.
- Assist in preparing Textile resources for school events and extra-curricular activities
- Support the Food department with general duties when necessary.
- Provide all-round administrative support to the Department.
- Maintain an accurate inventory and equipment record for the Department; and ensure equipment are well maintained to meet the Health and Safety requirements.
- Arrange maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Perform any other duties as and when assigned by Line Managers.
- Perform any other duties as assigned in line with policy and practice for rotation of duties among Faculty staff for breadth of knowledge and experience as means in attaining good team work and objectives for training and development.
- Diploma in relevant disciplines and at least 2 years relevant experience
- Spoken and written English is a must
- Good ICT skills
- Excellent general practical skills
- Problem solving skill and able to work independently
- Excellent organizational skill and able to priortise tasks using time management so that all lessons are supported and run smoothly with the correct Food resources
- Sound knowledge of Food and Textile manufacturing processes
- Excellent initiative, interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- A friendly and confident manner in relation to staff and students are essential
- A reputation for being punctual, reliable, flexible, resourceful, hardworking and dedicated to the responsibilities that this post involves
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
|Closing Date: 25 Aug 2019|
|For enquiries, please contact Brondy Poon at +852 22406763 or email@example.com.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|