Kowloon Junior School Website: http://www.kjs.edu.hk
|KJS is one of the primary schools under the English Schools Foundation (ESF), the largest provider of English-medium international education in Hong Kong, and is a very large, well-established five form entry school catering for 900 students from Year 1 to Year 6, and is an IB World School. Teaching and learning at KJS is rich in inquiry and underpinned by a rigorous approach to pedagogy and practice.|
At KJS, our staff work in close partnership to realise our School Vision of “Success for Every Child”. Our aim is to help students develop the confidence, self-esteem and motivation necessary to “become lifelong learners who are empowered to take action to make a positive difference in the world”. We are committed to achieving our vision by:
● Being internationally minded.
● Our commitment to developing a community of learners.
● Developing independence and collaboration in pursuit of excellence.
● Valuing mistakes as learning opportunities and recognising endeavor.
● Treating others as we would like to be treated.
● Recognizing, respecting and actively seeking the ideas and opinions of others.
● Encouraging creativity and innovation.
● Having high expectations of ourselves and others.
● Promoting physical, social and emotional well-being across the community.
● Demonstrating our values through responsible action.
Teacher of Chinese (Starting Aug 2020)
Kowloon Junior School is now seeking to appoint a Teacher of Chinese starting August 2020. The position will be a full-time two years contract, renewable by mutual consent. See ESF Terms and Condition for further details of the package.
Teaching and Assessment:
● Planning lessons and sequences of lessons to meet student’s individual learning needs and to ensure student’s progression
● Using a range of appropriate strategies for teaching and learning and classroom management
● Using information about prior attainment to set expectations for students
● Using a range of assessment and reporting methods that show student’s achievement in relation to learning outcomes
● Providing clear and constructive feedback to students and their parents and caregivers
Wider professional roles:
● Planning and engaging in professional learning activities that support school and systematic priorities
● Taking responsibility for own professional development and using the outcomes to improve teaching and students’ learning
● Making an active contribution to the policies and aspirations of the school
● Ensuring administration of classroom procedures are completed efficiently
● Collaborating with members of the school community to build a team environment that supports students’ learning
Additional responsibilities may include:
● Assisting with or managing an aspect of daily school management
● Contribute to the school extra-curricular programme / wider school activities within the year
● Assisting in the planning, implementation and review of teaching and learning programmes
● Assisting in the development of curriculum policies and programmes
● Contributing to the Foundation-wide professional development programme
• Bachelor Degree/Full Professional teaching qualification.
• More than 2 years’ teaching experience at international schools is desirable.
• Primary trained.
• Knowledge of English is a prerequisite.
• Genuine interest and experience in teaching children with different cultural background
Teaching in Hong Kong
Hong Kong is a premier destination for expatriate and local teachers! ESF Teachers enjoy an extremely lucrative salary package and a very high standard of living overall, in an exciting and vibrant world city. The teaching profession is highly respected, student motivation and outcomes are excellent, and all teachers receive considerable support from ESF with settling into Hong Kong, as well as with their professional development. Please feel free to contact us in advance about life in Hong Kong if you feel a conversation on this topic would be helpful.
|Closing Date: 20 Oct 2019|
|For enquiries, please contact Astor Gibbons at firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|