King George V School Website: http://www.kgv.edu.hk
|‘Be your own remarkable…’|
King George V School is an inclusive Y7-Y13 Secondary School in Homantin, Kowloon with 1800 students from many different nationalities. The school is part of the English Schools Foundation. As a school we offer MYP for years 7-9, I/GCSE for years 10-11 and IBDP and BTEC for Y12-13. Our school vision is to create a ‘school for one’. A place where each and every person engages in remarkable learning to achieve at high levels and be the best they can be. As an agile school, we collaborate and innovate to make a difference in the communities we serve and lead.
Instructor III - Workshop
To ensure that the day to day teaching and learning with the Design Technology Department runs smoothly and effectively by providing support to all staff and students. Support is not only the preparation of materials, the maintenance of equipment and the environment we work in, but providing help to students during lessons.
• Administer the daily operation of the workshops;
• Instruct and assist students where appropriate in their projects;
• Demonstrate manufacturing techniques;
• Maintain (and repair) tools and machinery – Health and Safety checks;
• Oversee the safe storage of tools and materials, ensuring a safe and secure environment for staff and students;
• Maintain students safety in order to prevent accidents;
• Ordering of materials and tools; and
• Performs other duties and assumes accountabilities as apparent or as delegated, including mutually agreed upon objectives.
• Successful candidates with less experience will be considered as Design & Tech Technician and is expected to start in Summer 2020. Fresh graduates are welcome. Internal training will be provided.
• Knowledge of machinery workshop including use of machines, sewing machines, tools and equipment
• Knowledge of CAD and relevant software including 2D Design, Fusion 360 and Adobe Illustrator
• Certificate of Safety Training is preferred
• Certification for: Machine Shop Practice, Aluminum Welding, Electrical Fitting and Installation and Milling machine is preferred
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or already possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
|Closing Date: 05 Jan 2020|
|For enquiries, please contact Joyce Wong at email@example.com.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
By applying for this position, your application may be considered for other opportunities within ESF.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|