King George V School Website: http://www.kgv.edu.hk
|‘Be your own remarkable…’|
King George V School is an inclusive Y7-Y13 Secondary School in Homantin, Kowloon with 1800 students from many different nationalities. The school is part of the English Schools Foundation. As a school we offer MYP for years 7-9, I/GCSE for years 10-11 and IBDP and BTEC for Y12-13. Our school vision is to create a ‘school for one’. A place where each and every person engages in remarkable learning to achieve at high levels and be the best they can be. As an agile school, we collaborate and innovate to make a difference in the communities we serve and lead.
Teacher of Business and Economics - Starting Aug 2020
At King George V School (KGV), our purpose is based on our belief that each and every student can ‘be their own remarkable…’ This drives our vision to create to create a ‘school for one’, a place where each and every person engages in remarkable learning to achieve at high levels and be the best they can be.
Our school is also about continual improvement. As an agile school, we collaborate and innovate to make a difference in the communities we serve and lead. KGV School is part of the English Schools Foundation (ESF), the largest provider of English-medium international education in Hong Kong. Our school delivers the IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) in years 7 to 9, the (I)GCSE in years 10 and 11, after which our students progress to study either the IB Diploma Program or the more vocationally oriented BTEC applied learning program.
At KGV School, all our staff are leaders and we shape our culture by:
• Modelling and maximising learning through building capacity in others and participating as a learner;
• Contributing to our collaborative and professional environment by enacting our four elements of trust – compassion, competence, communication and consistency;
• Accepting personal accountability for our behaviours and the quality of our outcomes.
The position will be a two year finite contract from August 2020 to August 2022 with the possibility of renewal.
• Bachelor Degree in the field of Business and Economics a plus a recognised Postgraduate teaching qualification, or equivalent;
• Teaching experience within a recognised educational organisation;
• Teaching experience and capacity in any of the areas of (I)GCSE, IB DP and BTEC Level 3 Business would be an advantage;
• There may also be a requirement to teach Individual and Society subject in our IB MYP program;
• Experience and ability to use data on student learning to modify curriculum, teaching and assessment provision;
• Effective interpersonal skills and ability to form positive relationships with students, staff and parents;
• Ability to lead or support extra-curricular activities as part of the whole-school CAS programme.
Teaching in Hong Kong
Hong Kong is a premier destination for expatriate and local teachers! ESF Teachers enjoy an extremely lucrative salary package and a very high standard of living overall, in an exciting and vibrant world city. The teaching profession is highly respected, student motivation and outcomes are excellent, and all teachers receive considerable support from ESF with settling into Hong Kong, as well as with their professional development. Please feel free to contact us in advance about life in Hong Kong if you feel a conversation on this topic would be helpful.
|Closing Date: 06 Jan 2020|
|For enquiries, please contact Betty Ko at +852 2760-6611 or email@example.com.|
|Please click here for more information about the position.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
By applying for this position, your application may be considered for other opportunities within ESF.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|