English Schools Foundation Website: http://www.esf.edu.hk
|The English Schools Foundation (ESF) is a modern, well-managed educational organisation, committed to offering an international education to students drawn from over 70 countries. We are proud to be at the forefront of the educational hub in Hong Kong. We actively take advantage of the opportunities that Hong Kong offers as Asia’s world city and the principal gate-way to China.|
The curriculum, leading to the International Baccalaureate, is adapted to Hong Kong, and the Asia Pacific region. ESF’s 1,100 teachers are highly qualified bringing with them experience from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United States, the UK and many other international school systems. All schools offer a broad range of out-of-school activities in Hong Kong and overseas.
ESF has over 18,000 students. Our culture is one of joy in learning and pride in achievement. The great majority of our students study for the IB Diploma and gain entry to universities all over the world. ESF has a long-standing commitment to children with additional needs and is the principal provider for English-speaking children with special educational needs in Hong Kong. For further details about ESF, please visit our website at http://www.esf.edu.hk/.
Learning and Teaching Adviser (Secondary 7-10) - Starting Aug 2020 *1 year secondment - ESF Internal Applications Only
To lead, challenge and support secondary schools (and Private Independent Schools) in the continuous development of curriculum and pedagogy which:
• meets standards and practices set by the International Baccalaureate (IB), and other qualifications in ESF secondary education;• is broad, balanced and relevant to all students of all abilities;
• is assessed, recorded and reported appropriately for all the stakeholders, and
• is enhanced with professional development for staff thereby ensuring learning and teaching are developing and are of high quality.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• To make a significant contribution to the development of a coherent curriculum framework 3-19 across ESF schools;• To lead and coordinate the MYP curriculum
• To support and challenge the relevant leaders of primary and secondary schools to enhance continuity of teaching and learning, and in designing curriculum transition for students;
• To support schools in managing evaluation and external accreditation of their programme with the IB and other accrediting bodies;
• To chair or advise appropriate groups of Vice Principals and Curriculum Coordinators in the development of curriculum, professional development and other aspects of secondary education;
• To liaise with the IB, Examination Boards (and other external bodies/agencies) and ensure schools have up to date and relevant knowledge;
• To work in partnership with schools, curriculum group chairs and the Head of CPD in planning, co- development, delivering and evaluating professional development for secondary teachers and school based support staff;
• To plan, develop and monitor professional learning models across secondary schools;
• To contribute to the strategic development and work of the Education Development Team, including lead and contribute to reviews, develop and implement policy and other projects that the Director of Education deems appropriate;
Lines of reporting
This role will be working as part of the Education Department of ESF under the leadership of the Director of Education.
• Leading and developing school based leadership teams
• the IB Middle Years Programme and experience of implementing curriculum change;
• high quality learning, teaching and assessment in relation to secondary education and be able to define it;
• inclusion and implementing a curriculum for students of a wide range of need;
• secondary school needs and the identification of associated professional development;
• The position requires the ability to:
• monitor, support and challenge schools in a positive manner
• lead and work collaboratively with different groups of people;
• demonstrate strategic and project management skills including development planning and resource budgeting;;• effective communication skills,
|Closing Date: 06 Jan 2020|
|For enquiries, please contact Paul Munder at firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
By applying for this position, your application may be considered for other opportunities within ESF.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|