Island School Website: http://island.edu.hk
|Island School Sha Tin Wai|
Area 5A, Pok Hong Estate, Shatin, New Territories (Near Shatin Wai MTR station)
School Number: (852) 2524 7135 | Fax: (852) 2840 1673
Island School Tai Wai
Sun Chui Estate, Shatin, New Territories (Near Tai Wai MTR station)
School Number: (852) 2524 7135 | Fax: (852) 2167 6356
Secondary School with 1,200 students.
Higher Education Counsellor
To provide guidance to students to help them manage their career goals and university/college applications successfully.
To support the wellbeing of students at Island School in a variety of ways.
The role of Island School counsellors are adjusted annually dependant on the qualification of the team members. Preference is for applicants who have skills in both Higher Education and school counselling however applicants with specialist skills in one area are also invited to apply
Together with the Head of Careers & HE Guidance and other HE team members, assist in conducting group sessions and workshops in school to students, parents and staff and take responsibility for presentations on agreed specific destinations
• Organise meetings and presentations with HE representatives, including HE Fairs
• Assist in organising visits to HE events outside school
• Conduct guidance interviews and testing with students, advising students on appropriate choices
• Maintain contact and communication with HE institutions worldwide
• Attend and participate in professional development
• Forge good relations with teaching and support staff
• Working with parents, alumni, and the wider community, create mentoring opportunities, internships and career experiences
• Proactively liaising with the other Counsellors and the PSHE team over student issues
• Assessing the needs of individual students who have been referred and planning for a productive path forward
• Referring on to counsellors, psychological services or for medical treatment outside the school
• Supporting occasional training or information sessions, for both staff and parents, on such issues as emotional health, presenting factors, and strategies for support
The position will be a full-time two year contract starting August 2020, renewable by mutual consent. See ESF Terms and Condition for further details of the package.
• Minimum of Post Graduate qualifications in relevant areas of counselling
• Relevant counselling qualifications
• Previous experience especially in a guidance, counselling or advisory role
• Strong Inter-personal communication skills, listening skills; flexibility to respond to changing situations; ability to work under pressure; team-working skills; attention to detail
Teaching in Hong Kong
Hong Kong is a premier destination for expatriate and local teachers! ESF Teachers enjoy an extremely lucrative salary package and a very high standard of living overall, in an exciting and vibrant world city. The teaching profession is highly respected, student motivation and outcomes are excellent, and all teachers receive considerable support from ESF with settling into Hong Kong, as well as with their professional development. Please feel free to contact us in advance about life in Hong Kong if you feel a conversation on this topic would be helpful.
|Closing Date: 23 Jan 2020|
|For enquiries, please contact Betty Tsu at +852 2524-7135 or email@example.com.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and offers may be extended prior to the job closing date
By applying for this position, your application may be considered for other opportunities within ESF.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|