|Renaissance College opened for students in August 2006 and is providing an all-through education for 2,100 students aged 5 to 18 years. With advanced design and facilities, Renaissance College is testament to ESF’s continuing contribution to the future of quality education in Hong Kong, featuring first-class amenities such as a dedicated sports centre with sports hall and swimming pool, cafeteria, library and performance arts centre; and high-level infrastructure for Information and Communication Technology. We have a fully developed 1:1 Apple laptop programme for over 1100 students and further 500 school owned Apple laptops and desktops. We also have a growing iPad programme.|
The school requires a Secondary Learning Technology Coach for 2020/21 Academic Year. The position will be a full-time two year contract starting August 2020, renewable by mutual consent. See ESF Terms and Condition for further details of the package.
Purposeful and creative utilization of instructional technology embedded into, and across, the curriculum is one of the strategic objectives of Renaissance College.
The College is technologically well resourced and has been an Apple laptop school since its inception in 2006, with a fully implemented 1:1 iPad/laptop program in Years 1 to 13. To help achieve its goal, Renaissance College operates a Red Door Center, which comprises Learning Technology team, helpdesk support and systems support under the leadership of Vice-Principal for Learning Technologies. The Red Door Centre occupies a purpose built flagship space which includes: robotics, makerspace and media centre.
Purpose and Overview
The Learning Technology Coach is a full-time teaching position. While reporting to the Vice-Principal for Learning Technologies, responsibilities require working closely with the other curriculum leaders especially within MYP.
The purpose of this role is to provide leadership, assistance, and mentoring in the integration of technology and communication tools to support Secondary teachers in their delivery of the curriculum and to enhance student learning. Over the next 4 years primary area of focus for this role is the development of the use of technologies within PBL/REAL learning initiative, robotics, engineering, electronics and computational thinking.
(Adapted ISTE NETS for Technology Coaches)
Education: Bachelor Degree in Education, or
Bachelor Degree in any subjects with PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education), or equivalent
- Fully certified secondary teacher with at least five years of verifiable classroom experience, preferably in a MYP school or a similar inquiry based and interdisciplinary curriculum. Experience of working in large urban schools will be an advantage.
- Experience of STEM, robotics, makerspace, project based approaches
- An understanding of key learning theories and methods of instruction, and their relation to technology integration.
- Understanding of adult learners and experience of facilitating adult learning such as leading teacher workshops and one-to-one coaching.
- In-depth understanding of technology operations and concepts.
- Advanced knowledge of Apple software and ability to troubleshoot technology issues.
-Experience of formally evaluating learning technology integration using models such as SAMR, TPACK or Florida Technology Integration Matrix.
- Higher degree/graduate certificate in Educational Technology or recently published articles.
- Any of the following: Apple Distinguished Educator, Google Certified Teacher, Adobe Certified Expert, Adobe Certified Instructor, Adobe Educational Leader.
- Record of engagement with peers through conferences presentations, professional writing and personal learning network and communities of practice.
- Experience in implementing initiatives such as learning networks (VLE/LMS, Blogs), digital citizenship, flipped classroom, authentic assessment, challenge-based learning, game based learning, robotics and programming.
- Experience of working in 1:1 classrooms and handheld learning environments.
- Courage and initiative to engage in discussions on difficult topics;
- Willingness to leave one's comfort zone to experiment with new strategies;
- Commitment to deep reflection and growth;
- An attitude of open-mindedness, integrity, and professional behavior;
- Superior communication skills to work with teachers with a range of technological expertise, from highly technical to fearful of technology
- Ability to manage short and long-term projects.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a complex workload, prioritize tasks, and use good judgment in providing services based on goals.
- Maturity of judgment under pressure; ability to resolve/mediate problems in a timely and effective manner.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and offers may be extended prior to the job closing date
By applying for this position, your application may be considered for other opportunities within ESF.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.